Transpose 5 min EMA for 1m Timeframes

matthewpotter

Hi All

I would like to transpose the 10EMA from a 5m chart to a 1m chart. Does anyone know what this translates to?

I have the 5m 20EMA which transposes to a 90EMA on the 1m chart and this seems quite accurate

Thanks

Eh?

The average of 10, 5m bars is the average over 50 minutes which will be approx 50SMA on the 1m chart. I say approx, because there is more info in the 1m which will affect things, and so it will be slightly different. 20SMA of the 5m, will be 100 sma of the 1m.

Because it is ema that's why you find the 90 does an approx job, but this can't really be done to any accuracy. I'd guess at 43EMA, or perhaps 46, but it's really a pointless task.

Eh?

The average of 10, 5m bars is the average over 50 minutes which will be approx 50SMA on the 1m chart. I say approx, because there is more info in the 1m which will affect things, and so it will be slightly different. 20SMA of the 5m, will be 100 sma of the 1m.

Because it is ema that's why you find the 90 does an approx job, but this can't really be done to any accuracy. I'd guess at 43EMA, or perhaps 46, but it's really a pointless task.

Thanks Shakone

I have been having good success with the 90ema alone but thought i may be missing something with the 43,45,46.

I have back tested against various symbols and it dosent seem to offer any real s/r as you suggest a little pointless

Thanks for the speedy reply, i can sleep easy tonight.......