Settings for MACD

traderjuk

Im fairly new to trading and I wanted to try trading forex using an MACD indicator, can anyone give me some advice on the best settings to use for daily charts, unfortunately I cant be glued to my screen all day so I could do with a system that allows me to check my charts once a day.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks

John.

Sorry to sound negative or disparaging, John, but I hope you're not intending to use the MACD indicator on daily Forex charts as the basis of decisions about how/whether to trade? Be careful! :)

To offer something positive and constructive, on a daily Forex chart, you might try settings of 5,34,5 to look for clear divergences between the MACD and the price as being mildly supportive of other reasons for trading.

Not posted for ages and I notice that the thread is fairly old.

I use MACD 5 35 10 on a 1 minute chart and use it to look for change of trend.

It should not produe many entries but a few nice ones. You should see confirmation on the entry in other time frames and your Tick.

Attachments

• Dow 5min411.png
    Dow 5min411.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 3,072
This Site is Out of Date

Is it just me or do many of you find most of the information on this site is 4 or more years old?

How can we stay up to date on the latest if info is so out dated.
Things change in the market and obsolete posts must be deleted.
Thanks
:mad:

Is it just me or do many of you find most of the information on this site is 4 or more years old?

How can we stay up to date on the latest if info is so out dated.
Things change in the market and obsolete posts must be deleted.
Thanks
:mad:

You could always provide updated information yourself but if you are really not happy, then talk to management about a full refund.

Or can someone else supply the 2013 MACD settings? :LOL:

Im fairly new to trading and I wanted to try trading forex using an MACD indicator, can anyone give me some advice on the best settings to use for daily charts, unfortunately I cant be glued to my screen all day so I could do with a system that allows me to check my charts once a day.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks

John.

Check MACD scan results for different stocks and ETFs on different time-frames
MACD Technical Analysis
To see the recommended settings follow the link to signals.

be careful as relying solely on MACD could end bad