Best Movies of the decade

daroth

I wonder if we can all agree on the top 10 movies of the past decade! And GO

All I have to say is: they are making a re-make of a re-make of "The Thing". That, right there, pretty much summarizes the quality of movies that have come out in the last 20 to 25 years. Aside from a few "good ones", I really couldn't tell you the last movie I wanted to go a theater and see.

All I have to say is: they are making a re-make of a re-make of "The Thing". That, right there, pretty much summarizes the quality of movies that have come out in the last 20 to 25 years. Aside from a few "good ones", I really couldn't tell you the last movie I wanted to go a theater and see.

Seriously! Every movie coming out this year pretty much is a re make. Footloose, really!? Why cant we just come up with some unique ideas instead of taking old blockbusters and redoing them! grrr

OK, I'll have a go

District 9 (2009)
Inglorious *******s (2009)
Into The Wild (2007)
The Departed (2006)
V For Vendetta (2006)
Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Kill Bill (2003)
City Of God (2002)
Requiem For A Dream (2000)
Gladiator (2000)

A few more in mind. I didn't want to name too many ;)

I deliberately left out Inception.
OK film but way over rated. Bit weird too.

Last edited:
Can't see OPs post as technical issues prevent, but is anyone actually going to nominate any movies from this decade?

OK, I'll have a go

District 9 (2009)
Inglorious *******s (2009)
Into The Wild (2007)
The Departed (2006)
V For Vendetta (2006)
Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Kill Bill (2003)
City Of God (2002)
Requiem For A Dream (2000)
Gladiator (2000)

A few more in mind. I didn't want to name too many ;)

You have the same tast in movies as me! this would be my list too! The new Planet of the Apes and Limitless was so good

Of the noughties... erm... There's a Korean movie called I Saw The Devil that I watched recently (get the bluray). Enjoyed it. Ditto for an easy watching movie with Luke Wilson called Middle Men.
There Will Be Blood, Oldboy off the top of my head. I also enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth. Blood Diamond. I likes one of the Bournes too. Un Prophete, Amilie. Los Ojos De Julia was decent.
Anyone else think Ray was good? You can wikipedia Paul Giamatti and pick a few out of his filmography too.
The Royal Tenenbaums.
I could keep this up for hours so I'll stop now.
I think there have been quite a few decent movies over the last 11 or so years.

Of the noughties... erm... There's a Korean movie called I Saw The Devil that I watched recently (get the bluray). Enjoyed it. Ditto for an easy watching movie with Luke Wilson called Middle Men.
There Will Be Blood, Oldboy off the top of my head. I also enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth. Blood Diamond. I likes one of the Bournes too. Un Prophete, Amilie. Los Ojos De Julia was decent.
Anyone else think Ray was good? You can wikipedia Paul Giamatti and pick a few out of his filmography too.
The Royal Tenenbaums.
I could keep this up for hours so I'll stop now.
I think there have been quite a few decent movies over the last 11 or so years.

Liked all the Bournes,
Oldboy was cool, bit ****ed up at the end.
Pans Labrintyh a decent watch, although i never really got it

Best:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spottless Mind
No Country for Old Men
Lost in Translation
The Dark Night
Requium For a Dream
Punch Drunk Love
Kill Bill
The Departed
Donnie Darko

Worst:
Any Tyler Perry Films
Anything with the Waynes Brothers
Anything with Lindsay Lohan

My sisters keeper, the only movie where I've used kleenex to wipe my eyes. Usually when I watch movies the clean up op is further down south:whistling