Speed of light

Now that we know the speed of light is quite possibly NOT the fastest thing known to man, could this have been the problem with all those SB spikes, bad fills, hunted stops and re-quotes? Could this explain why apparently 80% + traders fail?

yeah I read that too, i was a physicist in a former life so this piece of news got my attention. I cant believe the Yanks and the Japs have asked for proof for the claims out of CERN. I mean Jesus, next thing Beginner Joe will be asking for ferkin statement.

My understanding is that is was the other way round; CERN asked for a review of its findings from the wider scientific community.

As for BJ, he’s working on his own stuff and with a bit of luck will find a solution. My guess is that pretty much any laxative would do the job. It’s our job to help him by pretending we all think he’s a total tool. Don’t let on.

As for speed of light – Einstein himself was quite clear it was just another theory to be tested and utilised where useful. It lasted a goodly while. Everything is just a theory. Held until replaced by something more useful.

You are holding a pencil at one end. You twist it through 90 degrees. The other end twists through 90 degrees in the merest fraction of a second. Information (a signal) is transmitted by virtue of the rotation of the end you are not holding.

No big deal with a 6 inch pencil.

Now make the pencil 186,000 miles long. It still takes the merest fraction of a second to twist the pencil through 90 degrees (forget mechanical design, construction and materials stress – it’s just a mind game).

bwah ha ha

HTML:
Everything is just a theory. Held until replaced by something more useful.

true but be careful saying that to scientists. I once got thrown out of a professors office for suggesting that a theory was an approximation. white socks and sandles, dont mess.

Last edited:
bwah ha ha

HTML:
Everything is just a theory. Held until replaced by something more useful.

true but be careful saying that to scientists. I once got thrown out of a professors office for suggesting that a theory was an approximation. white socks and sandles, dont mess.

:clap: Funny stuff man

"Neutrino joke:
We don't allow faster-than-light neutrinos in here, said the bartender. A neutrino walks into a bar."

yeah I read that too, i was a physicist in a former life so this piece of news got my attention. I cant believe the Yanks and the Japs have asked for proof for the claims out of CERN. I mean Jesus, next thing Beginner Joe will be asking for ferkin statement.

lol.