It's all pretty frenetic

barjon

Legendary member
I'm a tad surprised that the boards aren't full of chat about the frenetic activity on the markets at the moment.

I suppose everyone is too busy coining it or (like me ) trying to limit the damage.

jon

there's not much to say really - as you say it's bloody hectic but what can one say? this definitely one of those situations you need to trade the market you see and not what it was 2 minutes ago

Most of us miss the frenetic activity because we're too busy reading stuff like this.

reminds me of the fun during the credit crunch... I think I'm going to add a bit more to ISA than I usually would... this seems a sensible time to be buying stocks

no, fun innit :), like trying to catch corks in a stormy sea

jon

I was going to say that if you can see the waves coming you can make a lot, but that is in really poor taste :(

For a US stocks trader the first half hour has been brilliant even though it looks like a typical "gap and c r a p" day on the indices as our American friends say.

Another reason to day trade only - no overnight risk and you can get huge leverage on your capital by using it again and again on trade after trade; it's not tied up.
Richard

There have been some great opportunities for me over the past few weeks, but it has been a case of really needing to be extra, extra extra picky.

I'm a tad surprised that the boards aren't full of chat about the frenetic activity on the markets at the moment.

I suppose everyone is too busy coining it or (like me ) trying to limit the damage.

jon

Isn't frenetic something to do with reading the bumps on your head?

jon

I think you overestimate the number of experienced traders now on T2W

N