Learning the ropes...

SLICKtrader

Hi,

I have never traded before and really want to get into it, big time, as I am an engineer with a small futures trading firm, I thought this may be my lucky break.

Whilst I am trying to sneak in through the back office, I want to learn as much as I can at home, with some software etc.

What would be the best thing to do, to start the ball rolling, remember I don't know nada. For example Software: Which is the best for a novice to learn and use, Books: Which is the best read and would explain alot in a short amount of time.

You catch my drift?

Thank you all!!

uh oh - another leeson in the making :LOL:

so seriously... first thing is to read as much as you can. also you say you work for a small futures trading firm? that implies you already have traders trading there. get to know them - talk to them and try and learn as much as you can from them. once you feel you have an understanding of what to do start paper trading. only when you are good at that do you need to consider things like software / data feeds / hardware etc etc.

all in my opinion only.

ew.

what is a "small futures trading firm" - a proprietary trading company mainly involved in bonds?