Which Books should a Beginner Read?

This is a discussion on Which Books should a Beginner Read? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; 1) Mark Douglas for understanding losing is normal 2) Van Tharp for interst and methods 3) Natenberg for options - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:54pm   #9
Joined Jul 2006
1) Mark Douglas for understanding losing is normal

2) Van Tharp for interst and methods

3) Natenberg for options - a must read. Why do you think everyone spreadbets and all the pros use options ? Then think why options are so poorly advertised to beginners.

4) The Education of a Speculator and Practical Speculation, both by Victor Niederhoffer - for getting an appetite for the statistical side of things.

I could go on...and so could everyone else.
Bottom line - books talk but only you can walk the line - just pull the trigger.

Last edited by timsk; Sep 27, 2010 at 9:20pm. Reason: Links
combotrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: nine
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:58pm   #10

Joined Aug 2003
Never read a trading book in my life.

Spent more hours watching price action than anything else in life though... Nothing beats experience IMO.
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: grantx
Old May 17, 2008, 10:24am   #11

Joined Apr 2008
The Intuitive Trader: Developing Your Inner Trading Wisdom by Robert Koppel

Last edited by timsk; Sep 27, 2010 at 9:23pm. Reason: Link
prop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:45am   #12
Joined Feb 2007
by the time i bought my first and only 2 books i had already learned everything they had to show me for free on internet from sites like this.(thanksT2W)
my advise would be to NOT to buy a book for about 6 months and by then you will probably know which one to buy!
jonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 4:00pm   #13

Joined May 2008
If youre starting, i suggest you to read all the material available, there are lots!.
Read everything and then decide whats usefull and whats not, to decide you must make paper trading, while proving what you read.
fayalac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 7:12pm   #14
Joined Apr 2003
How Markets Really Work: A Quantitative Guide to Stock Market Behavior by Larry Connors.
got my trading career back on track after a slump

Last edited by timsk; Sep 27, 2010 at 9:26pm. Reason: Link
theblackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:13pm   #15
Joined May 2008
Hi,
There are so manny good books out there (and even more that are cr*p). I would recommend to start with the one i started with: The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading: The Rules for Turning Trading Patterns Into Profit by Jared Martinez.

I know its not complete in all the details, but on the other hand he takes up almost all issues of forex trading: how to trade, phsycology, TA, Fundamental Analysis and so on... And its fun to read and its only 300 pages.

Btw, its possible to download a free e-book copy of it at his homepage: FOREX Education | Forex currency trading for beginners| Forex Training | Learn Forex Trading: Market Traders Institute Inc.

Last edited by timsk; Sep 27, 2010 at 9:29pm. Reason: Link
Victor90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:34pm   #16
Joined Jun 2008
Beginner's books

I would recommend Trading By The Book by Joe Ross. It introduces the 123 which is a pattern that in frequency, beats the heck out of triangles, heads and shoulders, flags and all the traditional patterns of technical analysis you traditionally read of. You can also find articles about the 123 going online searching for Joe Ross.
Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas, I definitely agree with the other threads on that.
Street Smarts by Raschke and Connors + I would strongly recommend visiting Linda Raschke's website to view all the presentation and read all the free articles. The lectures are well worth paying for.

Last edited by timsk; Sep 27, 2010 at 9:31pm. Reason: Link
amtrader1 is offline   Reply With Quote