How Difficult is it to Trade?

This is a discussion on How Difficult is it to Trade? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; The difficulty depends on the trader. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. you never know what yours are until you try. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 13, 2010, 6:18pm   #33

Joined Mar 2009
Re: How difficult is it to trade?

The difficulty depends on the trader. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. you never know what yours are until you try. Most people can understand the setups, it's the discipline that gets most people. And you cant tell who will have good discipline from the beginning. I have seen people I would have never guessed would be good traders, and they turn out to be fantastic. It has nothing to do with intelligence. More to do with humility.

But with a good mentor. It gets a LOT EASIER!

...good trades,

Sam
Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:04pm   #34
Joined Oct 2006

Difficult and takes a long time, and for some people impossible.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:10pm   #35
Joined Jun 2005

i'd say it's impossible if you waste your time reading and trying to learn from websites like this.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:40am   #36
Joined Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post
i'd say it's impossible if you waste your time reading and trying to learn from websites like this.
Respectfully, that begs the question why have you been a member since June 2005 with 893 posts?
goodtyneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2 , bevok
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:49am   #37
Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliechan View Post
That is true but the point of coming on here is to see if you're doing worse than average, human nature been what it is, most people would be sort of bragging that they doing ok but I've only seen one person so far saying that and thats after 2 years of loosing. I dont see this as a get rich quick scheme but more of a long learning process, Just wondering how long is long. I only just starts so didnt expect to get to grips till 18 months anyway.
dan
diy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:14pm   #38

Joined Nov 2003

imho fwiw, there is no get rich quick scheme, and KISS, thats its, everybody elses opinion is worthless as far as I'm concerned, I trade my system, for me, accountable to one person.....me....nobody else, and don't really give a sh*t whether what I post meets with their approval or not or their opinions, I've being being trading 15 years now and happy with the simpliest of set ups (no mega multi indicator system etc), don't listen to everybody else's opinion, do you homework, backtest, forward test, accept your wont get 100%, (its impossible), apply a sensible R&R and MM and you should reap the rewards, despite every joe bloggs argueing the toss, if it works for you, do it, work it and smile at the doubters, explain yourself to nobody and enjoy life............... thats its, fwiw
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Black Swan , Pazienza , rkripal , cactus363
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:32pm   #39
Joined Jun 2010

its not difficult to trade.

it is fairly difficult to develop a trading plan that will make more than it loses the majority of the time.

It is even more difficult to actually trade the plan that you have developed & recognised as one that will make more than it loses the majority of the time.
Jon Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:44pm   #40

Joined Nov 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Doe View Post
its not difficult to trade.

it is fairly difficult to develop a trading plan that will make more than it loses the majority of the time.

It is even more difficult to actually trade the plan that you have developed & recognised as one that will make more than it loses the majority of the time.
Sorry bud, have to disagree 100%, you must be doing something wrong, you need a plan, back and forward tested and recorded to the finise detail, for every trade I take, before I hit the key, I know 2 things, the outcome of my trading plan, risk (if I get it wrong, what I will lose) and the limit (what I will take from the market), shouldn't be difficult in the slightest, your number/data crunching should give you a trading system, which if you choose to apply (given the outcome of your studies) should be relatively easy to apply, unless you doubt your own abilities to intrepret the information. Statisitics (if correct), can be applied, why would you trade if you did not trust the system you are employing to make you money, unless of course you are a gambler and are preperared to take a risk, as per my motto below:-
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote