Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

This is a discussion on Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Nature and Nurture is the two equal factors which endorse your trading abilities. Knowledge is essential part of trading, because ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:11am   #25
Joined Sep 2013
Nature and Nurture is the two equal factors which endorse your trading abilities. Knowledge is essential part of trading, because lack of it make forex roulette with minimal chances to make profit.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:53pm   #26

Joined Feb 2007
Rubbish .... 80% psychology, 20% mechanics ... without the former you can never succeed. Psychology is an emotional muscle anyone can develop ..... most are however unwilling since it takes a lot of effort and ego often gets in the way.
spreader_legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla , darktone , mr.pedro
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:11am   #27

Joined Jul 2014
Anyone can be a trained to be a trader. That said, in order to be good traders some people have to overcome some serious personal shortcomings and negative personality traits affecting their trading habits. That is very much possible, I think, but it depends on how dedicated and stubborn their are. It's not easy, but it's also not impossible.
victoriajensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:26pm   #28

5 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
a lot of depend on how you really want to make money at trading and why you do it. Motivation is everything
satriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:16am   #29

Joined Jul 2014
Indeed. Motivation and hard work are crucial. You can be born with the aptitude to be a trader, just like you can be born with artistic talent, but any artist will tell you that the majority of their skill comes from years and years of practice. It is the same, I think, with traders - some are born with raw talent, but the really good ones have used that talent as a foundation to build their skills on with a lot of study and practice.
victoriajensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:28am   #30
Joined Mar 2015
Traders are not born but if you have the traits required to be a successful trader it will make it easier for you.

Trading is a skill which I believe not everyone has the aptitude for no matter how hard they try.
richieforex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:51pm   #31
Joined Apr 2015
I guess that certainly play a role and abilities, not everyone can do trade, but also study, work on yourself plays an important role. These two things are the main parts for success.
Svetlana Korj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:01pm   #32

9 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Whilst hotly contested this has been put to the test on more than a couple of occasions. This was of course what inspired Richard Dennis in the 80's with his "Turtles" experiment - he certainly proved that it can be taught in my eyes.

More recently there was also a documentary called million dollar traders (on youtube) which lex van damme and that anton bloke did. Think they lost money overall but they didnt have any prior experience and think they said towards the end that the pro's lost more as it was during the crisis. Well worth a watch in case you havent seen it!
Notorious P.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote