Is Trading the Same as Gambling?

This is a discussion on Is Trading the Same as Gambling? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by zaysev36 The thing is that analysis alone won't help you lot. What's also required for successful and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:18pm   #369
Joined Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaysev36 View Post
The thing is that analysis alone won't help you lot. What's also required for successful and non-random trading is understanding of the specific market and how a company that you acquire functions on it. Without this using analysis and looking at trend to predict stock price will be like predicting the weather based on previous year's. You might guess it right, but this doesn't mean the method is working.

Yes I am noticed, if not always able identity the trend correctly, forex market movement occur because demand and supply in the market and there are so many factor the cause price beng move, so risk management also required to managed account, forex trading included as speculative investment in my view
radex78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:27pm   #370

1 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Which platfrom has the fast feed.. Faster than mt4
Ashhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:03am   #371

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by radex78 View Post
Yes I am noticed, if not always able identity the trend correctly, forex market movement occur because demand and supply in the market and there are so many factor the cause price beng move, so risk management also required to managed account, forex trading included as speculative investment in my view
By the way, what's your best option for risk managment? I'm quite new at this and haven't figured it out for myself yet.
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:29pm   #372
Joined Jan 2011
Quote:
By the way, what's your best option for risk managment? I'm quite new at this and haven't figured it out for myself yet.
In my trades always put stop loss, which to manage my risk, stop loss will closed if price hit on price where my stop loss placed, but there are certain trader using hedging strategy with open buy and also sell together, but this is not easy for newbie maybe
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:25pm   #373

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by radex78 View Post
In my trades always put stop loss, which to manage my risk, stop loss will closed if price hit on price where my stop loss placed, but there are certain trader using hedging strategy with open buy and also sell together, but this is not easy for newbie maybe
Definitely not easy. I've tried to figure out hedging myself, but this has too much to do with complicated things like statistics, probability theory and game theory, so I guess I'll have to skip it for now
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:06pm   #374

Joined Oct 2015
Takes two to gamble. The gambler and the house. Where you have an edge you are the house.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:21pm   #375
Joined Jan 2011
Quote:
Definitely not easy. I've tried to figure out hedging myself, but this has too much to do with complicated things like statistics, probability theory and game theory, so I guess I'll have to skip it for now
Yes indeed, this trade is not easy, and I see so many trader eventually leaving trading because in dificulties, maybe not everyone will suitable with forex business and only for that already addicted in trades they will trying again
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:36am   #376

8 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Yeah it is unless you have a proper guidance
Marissa_wan is offline   Reply With Quote