Any Traders in Northern Ireland

This is a discussion on Any Traders in Northern Ireland within the Meetups forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by Dax_&_Dow Hi Rob I'm working from home trading just outside Belfast. Do you trade full time or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:39pm   #9

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax_&_Dow View Post
Hi Rob I'm working from home trading just outside Belfast. Do you trade full time or part time?

D
Oh very good I am relatively new so still doing it part-time but it is my ultimate ambition to do it full time. I assume you are doing full time? How long have you been trading?
robpippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:43pm   #10

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Part time for over 2 years just recently gone full time. I'm hoping to find other traders in Belfast to share an office. Good luck. D
Dax_&_Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:19pm   #11

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax_&_Dow View Post
Part time for over 2 years just recently gone full time. I'm hoping to find other traders in Belfast to share an office. Good luck. D
Impressive that you are making a living from trading after only doing it for 2 years part time. Are you self-taught or did you do a course? What is it you trade primarily?

As per the original purpose of this thread, I'm keen on meeting with fellow traders locally to discuss strategies etc. So if you or anyone else you know locally would be interested in that feel free to drop me a message!
Old May 9, 2017, 9:41pm   #12

3 Posts
Joined May 2017
Hi Guys.

new to the forum myself, I live in Lisburn.

I've been back-testing my own day trading strategy for 5 months now, its got a proven edge and now I want to go full time with it.

I'd be keen to meet up and share any advice and ideas.

Thanks

matt
Bionic trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2017, 9:57pm   #13

4 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic trader View Post
Hi Guys.

new to the forum myself, I live in Lisburn.

I've been back-testing my own day trading strategy for 5 months now, its got a proven edge and now I want to go full time with it.

I'd be keen to meet up and share any advice and ideas.

Thanks

matt
Hi Matt, I'd be game to meet sometime. I'm in Bangor so Belfast would probably be handiest? There is another trader here from Belfast who might want to join also.

Thanks,

Rob
Old May 9, 2017, 10:04pm   #14

3 Posts
Joined May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by robpippin View Post
Hi Matt, I'd be game to meet sometime. I'm in Bangor so Belfast would probably be handiest? There is another trader here from Belfast who might want to join also.

Thanks,

Rob
Yeah Belfast is good for me, I'm just working part time at the moment so most days I'm free.

What are you currently trading?

I'm solely focused on day trading crude oil, been interested in trading for about 5 years now but this last year I really stepped up my interest, read the books and worked on developing my own strategy.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:17pm   #15

2 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Hi,

Came across this thread and I was interested to hear from people trading in Northern Ireland. I have really only taken a proper interest in trading about 1 year now, learning, developing a strategy and doing back testing. I am 4 months into forward testing with the plan of going live at the beginning of 2018.

It would be interesting to hear from you guys on how your trading background or have a chat about it.
srainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:55am   #16

3 Posts
Joined May 2017
Good to hear another person with an interest in trading. Whats your style and what market(s) are you looking at?

Putting this out to everyone. If anyone has ever read Think and Grow Rich book by Napoleon Hill, the concept of a mastermind group were by like minded people can help each other achieve their own goals could be very beneficial. Given that everyone has their own on path on how and why they came to trading and given the lack of support here in N.I I suggest that we arrange a meetup.

Let me know what you guys think