Dead Cat Bounce

This is a discussion on Dead Cat Bounce within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Today we have a typical dead cat bounce scenario. At time of writing the FTSE has risen then bounced off ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:23am   #1
Joined Feb 2004
Dead Cat Bounce

Today we have a typical dead cat bounce scenario. At time of writing the FTSE has risen then bounced off a top of 4106. Sell now from here, FTSE could go as low as 1700 in theory. See this article BBC NEWS | Business | How low can the stock market go?
mclhrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:06pm   #2
Joined Nov 2001
It's a bear market until it proves it isn't. I've been a shorter since before summer. The more I do, then the more I can take it when I'm wrong.

Correction. I haven't done much during this last couple of weeks--too hectic. As the coppers say in the best crime novels, "I'm getting too old for this s**t".

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:51pm   #3
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclhrr View Post
Today we have a typical dead cat bounce scenario. At time of writing the FTSE has risen then bounced off a top of 4106. Sell now from here, FTSE could go as low as 1700 in theory. See this article BBC NEWS | Business | How low can the stock market go?
Poor kitty...are you suggesting this dead cat bounced up ..hit some kind of ceiling at 4106 and is now bouncing down again it must be in a right old state by now !

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Bladerunner
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:28pm   #4
Joined Feb 2004
Talking Re: Dead Cat Bounce

mclhrr started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Poor kitty...are you suggesting this dead cat bounced up ..hit some kind of ceiling at 4106 and is now bouncing down again it must be in a right old state by now !
Well I was right, but of course like most cats this one has more than one life and it has bounced up again !
mclhrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 3:32pm   #5

Joined Jan 2008
I hate cats...