Good trending market

This is a discussion on Good trending market within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Can anyone recommend another good trending market? I'm currently using a very simple MACD strategy on the DOW and its ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:17pm   #1

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Good trending market

Can anyone recommend another good trending market? I'm currently using a very simple MACD strategy on the DOW and its working ok, however it doesn't seem to perform so well on other markets, I've looked at the DAX, EURUSD, and Gold but none perform as well.
Ade432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:18pm   #2

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade432 View Post
Can anyone recommend another good trending market? I'm currently using a very simple MACD strategy on the DOW and its working ok, however it doesn't seem to perform so well on other markets, I've looked at the DAX, EURUSD, and Gold but none perform as well.
have you thought of stocks? There are loads of great trending ones within FTSE250
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:12pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Ade432 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
have you thought of stocks? There are loads of great trending ones within FTSE250
I hadn't to be honest, I'm always a bit put off with stocks, mainly because of the gap risk as they are only open 8:00-16:30, I also mainly trade on 1 hour candles which get messed up with the gap too.
Ade432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:29pm   #4

Joined May 2011
You might how to try crude oil. I would have assumed it would have worked well on gold. Also how about any futures currency. I think you should take a look at those.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:57am   #5
Joined Oct 2017
A trending market is move only in one direction whether it is upward or downwards,Bull market is trending upward, Thank You
rakhi123 is offline   Reply With Quote