Day Trading is Dumb

This is a discussion on Day Trading is Dumb within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by wackypete2 Another 13 year old thread dug up by our resident foroom spammer Peter The man said ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:02am   #46
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Another 13 year old thread dug up by our resident foroom spammer

Peter
The man said a few words of wisdom , I thought he is wise and what he said is very true.I usually don't give compliments , unless i a post deserves it.

As for you and Beginner Joe , I am finding it very hard to find any compliments , at the noise you both post.They say "empty cans make dour sounds".
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:19am   #47
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
The man said a few words of wisdom , I thought he is wise and what he said is very true.I usually don't give compliments , unless i a post deserves it.

As for you and Beginner Joe , I am finding it very hard to find any compliments , at the noise you both post.They say "empty cans make dour sounds".
Why do people need your compliment ? A compliment from someone who can't trade is no use for anybody on a "trading" forum.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:26am   #48
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Why do people need your compliment ? A compliment from someone who can't trade is no use for anybody on a "trading" forum.
Because I am wiser than all of you

Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:47am   #49

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Because I am wiser than all of you

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

Well you certainly got that right for once. With your 2917 posts since you joined in April the noise is deafening and the emptiness starkly apparent.

You sure you understand the meaning of the phrase? It's unlike you to admit to being stupid, but it's good to see you honest.
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Charlton , darktone
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:56am   #50
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
"Empty vessels make the most noise"

Well you certainly got that right for once. With your 2917 posts since you joined in April the noise is deafening and the emptiness starkly apparent.

You sure you understand the meaning of the phrase? It's unlike you to admit to being stupid, but it's good to see you honest.
The bomb always makes noise when it explodes on the scene! All the garbage flies in all direction , when the bomb explodes.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:59am   #51
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
The bomb always makes noise when it explodes on the scene! All the garbage flies in all direction , when the bomb explodes.
So we are back to gibberish again. I have to ask like the yanks, are you anglo-saxon ?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:10am   #52
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
So we are back to gibberish again. I have to ask like the yanks, are you anglo-saxon ?
Those 2917 posts show "I can do" and I am showing with these posts , which exhibit advance calls .

What it means is you don't need 50,000 threads , just 200 is enough to contain quality material of any use to traders .It shows how much garbage information there is generally on the net , that is of no use to traders to be successful.

There are probably 5,000 threads on internet trading forums , full of garbage with hidden gems , but hard to find needle in a haystack!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:17am   #53
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Those 2917 posts show "I can do" and I am showing with these posts , which exhibit advance calls .
Maybe you can do. But nobody believes you. The issue isn't the calls or the results. The issue is your inability to understand the inefficiency of what you are doing.

Also you don't seem to understand the target audience for your junk don't have the capital to make use of what you've got. The return is too low. The typical dumb joe wants to make 1000 from 100. But you are proposing making 100 from 10000. So you peddle, peddle, and peddle, but go nowhere in the end.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:21am   #54
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWI View Post
Thanks! I am still here 13 years later and re-reading that I still subscribe to it, it certainly kept me in gains.

Today I trade short term and monthly rebalanced algo. Also got rather lucky in crypto, what a ride!

Gotta love it.
I trade a consistently profitable method , week in week out in my journal , , on Dow and Dax.I trade mainly during the day , but don't like the impatience of the daytrading whacko , I make 100 ticks profit every week.

Even the pros only used to make maximum 25 average.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:24am   #55
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
I trade a consistently profitable method , week in week out in my journal , , on Dow and Dax.I trade mainly during the day , but don't like the impatience of the daytrading whacko , I make 100 ticks profit every week.

Even the pros only used to make maximum 25 average.
What do you know about the pro's ? Where does it say they make 25 ?

As I said before, even my passive yield gets many times the money you are aiming for. What you have got is cr*p.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:45am   #56
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
What do you know about the pro's ? Where does it say they make 25 ?

As I said before, even my passive yield gets many times the money you are aiming for. What you have got is cr*p.
I am talking about professional trading with S an d p traders they make 10-15 ticks a week , you are on something special and very risky.I am talking about low risk , you are talking about account blowout trading.

I was reading this type of stuff

Our goal here at Trading Academy is to bring traders to a level of consistency where they can make 10-15 points of profit per week.It is about

Last edited by Trader333; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:56pm.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:49am   #57
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Maybe you can do. But nobody believes you. The issue isn't the calls or the results. The issue is your inability to understand the inefficiency of what you are doing.

Also you don't seem to understand the target audience for your junk don't have the capital to make use of what you've got. The return is too low. The typical dumb joe wants to make 1000 from 100. But you are proposing making 100 from 10000. So you peddle, peddle, and peddle, but go nowhere in the end.
Why is day trading dumb?Most forex traders do it.
Attached Thumbnails
clipboard01.jpg  
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:47am   #58

Joined Oct 2015
lol @ meme
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:14am   #59
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
lol @ meme
What attracted me to this thread was the word DUMB.I immediately remembered my mum saying this
Attached Thumbnails
sothampton-dumb.jpg  
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:44am   #60
Joined Oct 2017
Thanks for giving such a nice post of Day Trading is Dumb really great post very well post.
rakhi123 is offline   Reply With Quote