Day Trading is Dumb

This is a discussion on Day Trading is Dumb within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by sidinuk Perhaps English is not your first language, for which I apologise if I have caused any ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2004, 5:57pm   #25
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidinuk
Perhaps English is not your first language, for which I apologise if I have caused any offence.
Whenever I say anything like the contents of your post (which I do all too often, in another place), they always turn out to have dyslexia, which leaves me dreadfully embarrassed. Not that I'm suggesting a defence for him, you understand ...
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:48pm   #26
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto
Whenever I say anything like the contents of your post (which I do all too often, in another place), they always turn out to have dyslexia, which leaves me dreadfully embarrassed. Not that I'm suggesting a defence for him, you understand ...

you all on about my enlish pleeesas pooint thiis out to me thakcs.

sun

ps i ,made money today
cj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:55pm   #27
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun123
ps i ,made money today
wel dun mait so did i i manidged to sel the mayja indicees clows to the daiz topp, will leev u in piece now
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:52pm   #28
Joined Oct 2004
How many of us have systems or strategies that stand up under scrutiny? It reminds me of a very short joke. "Man sends a telegram to his relatives - System working send more funds."
LION63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:44pm   #29
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread .

Last edited by cj12; Aug 21, 2005 at 6:22pm.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:02pm   #30

6 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Hello everyone.I rarely post being somewhat slow and useless with a keyboard but I am moved to congratulate those who have expressed themselves so honestly on this thread.I trade full time and for me the only vehicle is intra-day index scalping.I have found the real time volume charts available on www.marketvolume.com especially useful.I make a very modest living which has got a little better since conquering my own weakness for trading whipsaw phases in the indices.Keep cool,keep clinical and do not allow your emotions to drive your trades.
karnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:10pm   #31
Joined Oct 2004
Sun123

Do not despair you are not alone. Most traders lose money week in week out. The fact that you even turn a profit is a step in the right direction. Stick to your task and stay the course, as long as you continue to search for knowledge you will get better. My advice (humbly given) is that you read as many threads and posts as possible; you can only learn from them.

In order to be successful one has to stay ahead of the crowd. The lumpen and lemmings rush in and suffer the consequences - THEY JOIN THE SLAUGHTERED. Trading on old news is useless; trying to squeeze the last points out of a trade is CRIMINAL. The old market hands used to say that we are 'looking for a bigger fool'.
LION63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: karnak
Old Oct 14, 2004, 12:02am   #32
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread To Sun123

Nice to here from you and being honest with us. Would you be willing to share you statements for the last 12 months and I be happy to see where you may be going wrong.

Yes, I would agree its a different story trading for a living. The hobbyist becoming a professional trader. The difference with pro trader he knows money is important but the hobbyist, they focus on the market. Pros know that money is just a way to keep score where the Public who treat the market like a hobby have a hard time concentrating on anything but the money. when the public see the market go 5 or 10 ticks against them, their reaction is, It will come back I've got it covered, by the time, the pros would have taken the loss

The unsuccessful ones are uncomfortable with profits but not with losses, Mental toughness and discipline are required to survive let alone prosper in the future market, The Road to success is rough and lonely, Most people quit along the way. Some people become over confident after a few early successes. They think they are experts, but they don't realise that they might hit the top one day and crash the next. The emotional swings could destroy you when it does you hear the excuses. I don't have time for this anymore. I cant follow this. IM confused. They Havant yet developed that mental toughness. Good luck. I also suffer from dyslexia thank God for spell check. My offer is open to you

CJ