Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; European markets ended today's session in different directions, with investors attentive to political and economic issues. The behavior of the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15, 2018, 8:57pm   #84661
Joined Apr 2014
European markets ended today's session in different directions, with investors attentive to political and economic issues. The behavior of the foreign exchange market also influenced the course of the market, and the Euro registered a devaluation against the US Dollar. In sectoral terms, oil companies were among the best performers (still reflecting the recent rise in the price of oil), while the telecommunications sector lost more than 1%. For the banking sector, Commerzbank rose 3.79%, after having reported a quarterly profit of 250 M. €, surpassing the forecasts of 178 M. €. This differential was achieved through lower provisions and a tax credit. Banking income declined 3.70% to 2300 M. €, slightly higher than the forecast of 2270 M. €. In a statement, the bank mentioned the conditions caused by the slowdown of the German economy in the first quarter and by the growing tensions between the US and China. Still in Frankfurt, but as an opposite reaction (-5.82%), ThyssenKrupp reported an EBIT of 500 M. €, substantially in line with forecasts. Profits from steel production, the company's largest activity, doubled over the same period last year. In terms of economic indicators, the GDP of the Euro Zone for the first quarter showed an annual growth of 2.50%, in line with expectations.
psaTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 1:01pm   #84662
Joined Apr 2014
The behavior of the bond and exchange markets will continue to dictate the course of the European stock exchanges. Yesterday, the strong rise in US yields generated a strong increase in world yields. This increase in interest rates could be strengthened by the increase in geopolitical risk. The intensification of geopolitical tensions has two focuses: the Middle East and the Korean Peninsula. In the Middle East, the situation in the Gaza Strip adds yet another focus of potential conflict in the region. The main difference with similar situations is that Iran has bases in Syria where it can reach Israel and also suffer the attacks of this country. As already mentioned, Syria is a country where several powers intervene with objectives often antagonistic. North Korea's cancellation of talks (threatening the meeting with President Trump in June) could push back steps in the past month. It is not yet known whether this North Korean decision (fomented by joint US-South Korean military maneuvers) is a negotiating strategy or a real retreat in the pacification process of the peninsula.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:15pm   #84663

Joined May 2005
This is getting annoying now.

I'm still short on the ftse and its doing a lot of nothing right now, which means I'm getting hit by the dividend adjustments!

Whatcha gonna do - it's the ftse, it's going to go down.
postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cantagril
Old May 17, 2018, 8:14am   #84664

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post

I'm still short on the ftse and its doing a lot of nothing right now, which means I'm getting hit by the dividend adjustments!

I'm a fan of the "Postman k.o.d* indicator" - the timing's sometimes a bit off but generally speaking it's profitable

Short ftse at 7755 from yesterday evening....stop in at b/e this a.m

*k.o.d: Kiss Of Death

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 12:53pm   #84665

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantagril View Post
I'm a fan of the "Postman k.o.d* indicator" - the timing's sometimes a bit off but generally speaking it's profitable

Short ftse at 7755 from yesterday evening....stop in at b/e this a.m

*k.o.d: Kiss Of Death
Out at 7720 +35

...and short again at 7756

Old May 17, 2018, 4:56pm   #84666

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Out at 7720 +35

...and short again at 7756
Hmm...not yet.

Bailed out at 7772 -16.

Now short again at 7795

Old May 17, 2018, 5:18pm   #84667
Joined Nov 2014
Is it safe to scalp on FTSE using CFD contracts? Or its better to trade directly with underlying instrument?
hatemypips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 5:21pm   #84668

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post

endowment due to mature on the 21st-ftse please stay as u are son.you can then go down for postie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 6:47pm   #84669

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Hmm...not yet.

Bailed out at 7772 -16.

Now short again at 7795
This one deffo!

There's no way the ftse can keep this disconnect in price relative to the dow.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:48pm   #84670

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
endowment due to mature on the 21st-ftse please stay as u are son.you can then go down for postie.
4 days, hmmm, you may only lose 7% of your investment.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:49pm   #84671

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemypips View Post
Is it safe to scalp on FTSE using CFD contracts? Or its better to trade directly with underlying instrument?
I've not used cfd's so I cant comment, but I am commenting so you didnt think you were being ignored.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:30pm   #84672
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
you got a FTSE tracker endowment or what?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 1:09am   #84673
Joined Apr 2014
European stock markets ended higher, with utilities among the best performers. French Suez reported results that were well received by investors, with revenues surpassing forecasts. Its shares gained 3.60%. Also the stocks of retailers stood out positively, favored by the behavior of the online retailer Ocado. However, the rise in the price of oil benefited the respective sector. Total rose more than 1%. According to CNBC, the French oil company is considering abandoning its activity in Iran. In the telecommunications sector, the Dutch company Altice advanced 12%, with the news that SFR, its French division, showed signs of recovery in the first three months of the year.
Old May 18, 2018, 10:26am   #84674

Joined Aug 2008
Yo!
hereward the wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 11:20am   #84675
Joined Apr 2014
In the pre-opening, the European indices rehearsed in different directions, in a context of intensification of the geopolitical tensions, after the declarations of the North American President. The debt market will continue to be monitored after the 10-year U.S. treasury yield have peaked at seven-year highs. On the other hand, the rise in the price of oil (favored by strong demand and continued cuts in production by OPEC) is expected to continue to influence its sector and the market as a whole.