Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Dick Lexic dj....the b's are mr & mrs bogeyman. mr b is at 5462 and mrs b ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:43pm   #2921
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Lexic View Post
dj....the b's are mr & mrs bogeyman. mr b is at 5462 and mrs b is at 5420 simples
Its Mr B's dinner soon so i think Mrs B will soon be winning
reksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:51pm   #2922
Joined Jan 2011

Good Question Martin.
For me its depends where we are on the day range, as i calculate the market into zones.
For example yesterday you mentioned fishing on the bottom. When 5433 hit I went bang on the level, I knew the % likelihood that we would close up from there due to past data. So i felt like the risk was in my favour.
But when the market is trading in a neutral zone I look for confirmation first.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:54pm   #2923
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reksa View Post
Its Mr B's dinner soon so i think Mrs B will soon be winning
i was thinking that as well but there just might be some more upside here so my shorty pants go on after 5420 at the mo
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:15pm   #2924
Joined Aug 2011

mrs b struggling a bit now
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:20pm   #2925
Joined Aug 2011

oh and i think mr b has pulled a hamstring.......can he contiue?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:33pm   #2926

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC-J View Post
Here's a question for you gentlemen and gentleladies, that I am often asked myself. How do you time your entry at a level or a trendline or a pullback to a moving average?

I almost always wait for it to tag the line/level/EMA, and then I enter on a stop on the first 1 tick move after the 1 minute candle that actually touched the line closes. But there are times when I enter exactly at the line but it usually results in more stops being hit than trades being timed to perfection.

How do you all like to time your entries? At the level or after confirmation of the level?

I use a crib sheet with all the set ups I usually want to trade. Everything fits on one page. On the left side I have continuations on the right side I have reversals. Most trends have at least three good continuation entries. I also look for rbis and gbis (red/green bars ignored on a 5mc) and outside bars and flags. There are usually at least three nice reversals in a day. I also like trendlines and channels on the 1 min and 5 min charts. I have a trade setup for a bounce off a trendline, and for a breach of a trendline. Triangles are part of trendlines. I also have a small bit at the bottom of the page for tight ranges and breakouts.

We will discuss exits at another time. It always difficult to determine how long to let a trade run. I am a scalper so usually stick to 10 pts, but occasionally let something run to 20pts. I need to work on letting trades run more which allows for fewer entries and less profits given up from exiting too early.
Interesting, MJ. If I'm looking for reversal I generally keep my eye on the time as well 8:30, 9:0, 10:00 and 15:00.Today, for example, ftse made a feeble try at 8:30 and 9:00, a decent one at 10:00 and another feeble one at 15:00 - I didn't go for any of them.

As you may know, with my hedging lark I'm not really into straight directional trades - other than a bonus starter if it sets off right - and I'm pretty suspicious of TA on FTSE since I think it's led by DOW most of the time. You guys seem to make it work fine though

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:24pm   #2927

Joined Jan 2004

DOW target slightly changed to 744 thats 11 not 12
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:44pm   #2928
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyJohn View Post
are the B's your butcher and baker?? if so .. what are they? names for candles?
butchers bakers and candlestick makers ha ...sometimes i talk rubbish but then so do politicians

yesterday was a butchers day market getting hammered big blood red candles strong down down down

today i was hoping for a bakers day ....nice mixture of green and red candles and a wee bit of kneading

then all i need is the candlestick maker and bob's your unc
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:41pm   #2929
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Lexic View Post
oh and i think mr b has pulled a hamstring.......can he contiue?
a great effort by mr b holding up against the odds and with that injury we just have to hope he's ok for the next big game tomorrow
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:24am   #2930
Joined Jan 2011

Morning all. Got a feeling today is going to be pretty range bound. Need some Euro fireworks.
At the moment im looking for 5510 for the reverse.