Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Morning all. Think this is a bear flag that will go to 5682 and then the price will continue up ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:00am   #13417
et.
Joined Mar 2012
Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Morning all. Think this is a bear flag that will go to 5682 and then the price will continue up again.

Edit: However, so many times I've been caught out by spikes up again so no guarantees.
et. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:02am   #13418

Joined Jan 2002

morning et
SuddenDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:05am   #13419
Joined Mar 2012

Hey Suddendeath - How are you figuring out your pivots? I was trying to work it out last night, but failed. You had mentioned that you had it pegged against the S&P?
begeegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:13am   #13420

Joined Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by begeegs View Post
Hey Suddendeath - How are you figuring out your pivots? I was trying to work it out last night, but failed. You had mentioned that you had it pegged against the S&P?
the pivots are not special they simple give a line in the sand to trade around, for instance u can use yesterdays level on the 7day ma as a pivot it works very well, i find pivots on sp500 and convert them to levels in the FTSE ratio 4.0092

there are standard pivots live camarilla and others but i create custom pivots so my orders will be unique

yesterdays 7day ma on sp500 gives us a ftse level of 5638 bullish above bearish below
SuddenDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:15am   #13421
et.
Joined Mar 2012

Morning SD!

I'm +21 today with no mistakes and 'in' bearish from 5700 to get out c5690 although I suspect it will go lower.

BTW had a terrible practice day yesterday. Not just I got the low wrong, I lost the ability to be decisive and missed everything. It happened because I didn't know what was happening in the morning and my explanation had to add something to my method, and this lead to confusion later. For one thing I said there would not be support until 5608. Dick Lexic's June high call nailed it.

I got up to +20 on Monday and Tuesday mornings too, but later made a number of mistakes in a row. Two steps forward, one back.

This 'bear flag' is taking its time. If it spikes up then plummet that would be annoying...
et. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:18am   #13422

Joined Dec 2011

Not often I read too many Spread Betting Websites but thought the following link was rather good especially the Trading FAQ's sub section...........

Concise information in my opinion. Apologies if many have read before......

What is Spread Betting?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:28am   #13423
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbas View Post
Hi Dick,

Which volume do you refer to ? How do you see the volume ?
sorry zorbas i thought you were asking how i use it but i think you were asking where i got it from

see below
Attached Thumbnails
volume.gif  

Last edited by Dick Lexic; Sep 6, 2012 at 1:39pm.
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:29am   #13424
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenDeath View Post
the pivots are not special they simple give a line in the sand to trade around, for instance u can use yesterdays level on the 7day ma as a pivot it works very well, i find pivots on sp500 and convert them to levels in the FTSE ratio 4.0092

there are standard pivots live camarilla and others but i create custom pivots so my orders will be unique

yesterdays 7day ma on sp500 gives us a ftse level of 5638 bullish above bearish below
Great thanks for that!
begeegs is offline   Reply With Quote