I would like to ask the experienced traders

This is a discussion on I would like to ask the experienced traders within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; - I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:52pm   #1
Joined May 2015
I would like to ask the experienced traders

- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
SaulGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:57pm   #2

Joined Mar 2004
I don't know that Monday and Friday are different but I have noticed recently that before and after the US opening does seem to make a difference.

Safer imho to close all positions come Friday night.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Solas0077
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:37pm   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

really depends on your trading style and Timeframes used S

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
again i'm sure some do if they are running wide stop losses on longer term trades

horses for courses

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:59pm   #4
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
I seem to do nearly 90% of my week's trading on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Friday afternoons aren't worthwhile at all, for me, and I don't like Monday mornings much, either.

I trade forex only and never leave positions open overnight.
alexaherself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:32am   #5
Joined Jul 2008
I think the real answer to your question (first part) is it depends on the method you use and how often it produces trades. I have used methods before that, like alexaherself, only worked well Tuesday to Thursday. These days I trade Monday to Friday and only see a difference on days that have red news (I trade fx). What really underpins this is market conditions which can often be undecided.

As for your second question. I have 2 accounts that I use to trade. The first is my every day account and the other is for longer term trades. On the later I can hold positions open for weeks on occasion but more common is about a week and at least half of them is held over weekends. In this account I make sure I don't trade a currency that has false control mechanisms in place that could nail me over a weekend. I also don't trade currencies on this account that are correlated with commodities as they too can have unpredictable outcomes.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:50am   #6
Joined May 2015
SaulGoodman started this thread Thank you all for your answers . In general, I do thoughts from you and was expecting to hear. If there are other opinions , write, it will be interesting to hear.
SaulGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:36am   #7

Joined Dec 2014
It's generally a long road to trading success.
Good luck and hang in there -- you'll need it, before giving up.
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:11pm   #8

Joined Mar 2003
Depends what you trade! by virtue of human nature Mondays & Fridays will be quieter than other days of the week !
CityTrader is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george