I would like to ask the experienced traders

This is a discussion on I would like to ask the experienced traders within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; - I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:52pm   #1
Joined May 2015
I would like to ask the experienced traders

- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
SaulGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:57pm   #2

Joined Mar 2004
I don't know that Monday and Friday are different but I have noticed recently that before and after the US opening does seem to make a difference.

Safer imho to close all positions come Friday night.
You too will be a pensioner one day.

Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Solas0077
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:37pm   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

really depends on your trading style and Timeframes used S

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
again i'm sure some do if they are running wide stop losses on longer term trades

horses for courses

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:59pm   #4
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
I seem to do nearly 90% of my week's trading on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Friday afternoons aren't worthwhile at all, for me, and I don't like Monday mornings much, either.

I trade forex only and never leave positions open overnight.
alexaherself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:32am   #5

Joined Jul 2008
I think the real answer to your question (first part) is it depends on the method you use and how often it produces trades. I have used methods before that, like alexaherself, only worked well Tuesday to Thursday. These days I trade Monday to Friday and only see a difference on days that have red news (I trade fx). What really underpins this is market conditions which can often be undecided.

As for your second question. I have 2 accounts that I use to trade. The first is my every day account and the other is for longer term trades. On the later I can hold positions open for weeks on occasion but more common is about a week and at least half of them is held over weekends. In this account I make sure I don't trade a currency that has false control mechanisms in place that could nail me over a weekend. I also don't trade currencies on this account that are correlated with commodities as they too can have unpredictable outcomes.
forker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:50am   #6
Joined May 2015
SaulGoodman started this thread Thank you all for your answers . In general, I do thoughts from you and was expecting to hear. If there are other opinions , write, it will be interesting to hear.
SaulGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:36am   #7

Joined Dec 2014
It's generally a long road to trading success.
Good luck and hang in there -- you'll need it, before giving up.
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:11pm   #8

Joined Mar 2003
Depends what you trade! by virtue of human nature Mondays & Fridays will be quieter than other days of the week !
CityTrader is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george