Desk Space in Trading Floor /City of London

This is a discussion on Desk Space in Trading Floor /City of London within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Seems like there is massive over-capacity in co-working space right now in London and there's much more coming on line ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:24pm   #17
Joined Mar 2002
Seems like there is massive over-capacity in co-working space right now in London and there's much more coming on line soon, eg Wework Waterloo 280,000sq feet of space. Weird that there's virtually nothing in Canary Wharf though.
Quiet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:25pm   #18
Joined Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet1 View Post
Seems like there is massive over-capacity in co-working space right now in London and there's much more coming on line soon, eg Wework Waterloo 280,000sq feet of space. Weird that there's virtually nothing in Canary Wharf though.
They are packed. It took me months to get a dedicated desk.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:43pm   #19
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet1 View Post
The prices for desks still seem to be quite high though, IMHO, regardless which venue you look at.

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:38pm   #20
Joined Jul 2010
Www.wework.com in East London are reasonable.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:31pm   #21
Joined Sep 2014
WeWork are nice venues but you do pay for the privilege.

Agreed WeWork are nice venues but you do pay for the privilege.

As mentioned we have desk space by Bond Street at 400 pcm all inc and may have availability in Canary Wharf in the next month or so at approximately 500 per desk.

The value add with both venues comes in with our volume rebates which when netting off makes a real difference with some traders paying zero desk fees with the standard spread/commissions.

Note the volume rebates are also available to traders not taking up desk space.
msamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:42pm   #22
Joined Jul 2010
https://www.wework.com/l/london

Here are the wework prices for dedicated desks. £325 in Aldgate Tower for a dedicated desk. www.theofficegroup.co.uk are cheaper.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:07pm   #23
Joined Mar 2002
the office group prices are £550+ for dedicated desk on their website. not true?

Last edited by Quiet1; Sep 6, 2017 at 4:26pm.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:14pm   #24
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
They are packed. It took me months to get a dedicated desk.
This has not been my (limited) experience especially in east London.