The Victor Meldrew Traders Thread.

This is a discussion on The Victor Meldrew Traders Thread. within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; I don't believe it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:05am   #9

Joined Mar 2004
I don't believe it

You too will be a pensioner one day.
If you live long enough.

Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:07am   #10

Joined May 2005
postman started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
Absolutely fantastic thread Postman. Actually I was trawling the T2W forum today looking for a place to rant about my personal trading today, yet couldn't find an apt place to vent, but was a little pre occupied to start a thread. 5 stars from me old boy.

Bonne nuit mon ami.

Best
John
Thanks for the vote of confidence, please post some of your irk's and nettles or anything that generally gets your back up. Its better here than on a serious thread.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:16am   #11
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
great idea for a thread ..............as a 50 something grumpy old git (ask the wife) I cant wait ....................now wheres that list ..........
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:26am   #12

Joined May 2005
postman started this thread You know what makes me mad.
Those Dumb traders in the Euro exchanges that have to wait for the Americans before making a significant move.

Dont they know we're day traders and need to trade during the day to make our money.

This phrase is taught in trading 101 across Europe.
"Warten auf Wall Street"
"En attente de wall street"
"In attesa di wall street"
... you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
sleepingtraders.jpg  
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:27am   #13

Joined Mar 2004
What gets me upset are the number of times I have to click away unwanted adverts on my PC. They insist on scanning my machine and then offer their services to remove malware, offering such services as getting rid of surplus fat, whiten my teeth, video machines etc. I even contacted one lot to ask how could get rid of their crummy ads.
My anti-virus software gets rid of some or so it tells me regularly.

If you live long enough.

Last edited by Pat494; Apr 1, 2014 at 11:45am.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:34am   #14

Joined Mar 2004
When I was young I used to get irked by slow drivers clogging up the roads.
Now that I am old I have found the answer. Buy a slow car and always be at the head of the queue. I waive politely back to the red faced youngsters waiving at me at they zoooom past at great speed. Whither do they go at such speed - I hardly care. Their mouths going at full speed too. Are they wishing me a good day ? I like to think so.

If you live long enough.

Last edited by Pat494; Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44am.
Thanks! The following members like this post: SlowlyButSurely , Dinos
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:41pm   #15

Joined May 2005
postman started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Now that I am old I have found the answer. Buy a slow car and always be at the head of the queue. I waive politely back to the red faced youngsters waiving at me at they zoooom past at great speed. Whither do they go at such speed - I hardly care. Their mouths going at full speed too. Are they wishing me a good day ? I like to think so.

Congratulations on setting a good example.
I might even hazard to suggest that a sensible man such as yourself uses his hard earned trading profits to purchase a caravan!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:46pm   #16

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post

I'm not sure whether many people know this but there is a secret club of retired pensioner drivers whose job it is to head up convoys of slow moving traffic on UK non-motorway roads. Being of mature years they generally drive at about 40mph regardless of traffic conditions or prevailing speed limit. You may wonder how it is that whenever they relinquish lead of the convoy they are immediately replaced by a fellow member - this is achieved via CB radios operated by their non-driving spouse (some younger ones use mobiles) with coordination from a central control Ops Room run by Age-Concern. I believe you can register to participate in this voluntary service [Convoy Leaders UK] and they are always keen to accept members who can cover the busy rush-hour or holiday periods. Owners of Nissan Micras (early models) are particularly welcomed.
Thanks! The following members like this post: postman , Mr. Charts