Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

This is a discussion on Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Forum has been hacked. Strange that when one of his calls has just hit their stops -18 pips. Must be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:27pm   #136

Joined Feb 2008
re: Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

Forum has been hacked.

Strange that when one of his calls has just hit their stops -18 pips.

Must be getting paranoid.

So do you guys really believe he is spread betting & Davie Robertson?

I heard both voices & I am not sure.
grandadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:44pm   #137
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandadbruce View Post
Forum has been hacked.

Strange that when one of his calls has just hit their stops -18 pips.

Must be getting paranoid.

So do you guys really believe he is spread betting & Davie Robertson?

I heard both voices & I am not sure.
I'm pretty sure. The voices sound identical to me and the MO is the same.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:50pm   #138

Joined Feb 2008

Quote:
I'm pretty sure. The voices sound identical to me and the MO is the same.
Yep I suppose you are correct. I was just hoping that he would turn out to be a good guy. He sure can be quite convincing but I suppose all conmen are, that is their trick.
grandadbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:52pm   #139
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloquan View Post
Anybody signed up over there yet?
Presumably you have? If so, please keep posting the lulz here .

I thought he was trying to vet people through his twitter account?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:02pm   #140

Joined Jul 2010

wow there is a live chat function over there,

lulz 24/7

I seem to infiltrated the gang quite well and they are trusting of me now
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:03pm   #141

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard View Post
Presumably you have? If so, please keep posting the lulz here .

I thought he was trying to vet people through his twitter account?
I went onto babypips and found a username that he hadn't ignored with only a few posts and used that.

It seems to be quite open now though and I think you can just join,.

the chat room is awash with idiots ripe for scamming
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:25pm   #142
Joined Aug 2012

I know who you are, I know the person and he isn't on the order flow forum, I won't expose you though.

We're not all idiots btw (at least I hope I'm not one).

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far). Add to that the amount of time he spends helping people is it any wonder everyone is hot for it? Yes a good ROI if it is a scam but where else will the members go for a mentor that is so accessible.

I must admit to my heart progressively sinking when the BP forum thread started linking to the twitter (one step removal), then more when the twitter started linking to the forum (isolation from forum 'protection'), then (not entirely unexpectedly) live room with joining fee got announced.

Not so much for the fee but for the potential wasted time which is imo much more valuable.

But then there is a dearth of verified mentors/tutors. Name one that is openly held accountable as winning via myfxbook or anything similar?

In other industries people don't just say they can do it, they prove it. Forex seems to be the self certifying exception to the rule. Maybe those truly successful are too busy enjoying life with their riches. Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

It's little wonder people fall for the scams so much.
jgaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:26pm   #143
Joined Feb 2012

Oh my, this Lulz Tree is heavy with fruit, and it is harvest time!
Thanks! The following members like this post: the hare
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:30pm   #144

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaret View Post
I know who you are, I know the person and he isn't on the order flow forum, I won't expose you though.

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far)

I must admit to my heart progressively sinking when the BP forum thread started linking to the twitter (one step removal), then more when the twitter started linking to the forum (isolation from forum 'protection'), then (not entirely unexpectedly) live room with joining fee got announced.

Not so much for the fee but for the potential wasted time which is imo much more valuable.

But then there is a dearth of verified mentors/tutors. Name one that is openly held accountable as winning via myfxbook or anything similar?

In other industries people don't just say they can do it, they prove it. Forex seems to be the self certifying exception to the rule. Maybe those truly successful are too busy enjoying life with their riches. Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

You know my name in the chat room?

Well if you do listen, all I'm trying to do is be subtle about the trades that he is calling and try and steer people in the right direction.

He made 5 pips yesterday

he lost 18 so far today

i'm just trying to help others see that he can't trade for sh*t
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:33pm   #145
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

The profitable trader isn't a myth. But the profitable trader who spends all day helping complete strangers rather than trading, who uses different identities, who charges people £245 for his live room, who posts pictures of his car, and who keeps 8 and half million quid (the vast majority of his claimed net worth) lying around in an RBS current account - yes, he is a myth.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:33pm   #146

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far). Add to that the amount of time he spends helping people is it any wonder everyone is hot for it? Yes a good ROI if it is a scam but where else will the members go for a mentor that is so accessible.

Oh and btw, you do realise this is the first step in his scam. Get people away from BabyPips. This is free.... the next room you'll have to pay to enter
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:39pm   #147
Joined Aug 2012

Quote:
You know my name in the chat room?

Well if you do listen, all I'm trying to do is be subtle about the trades that he is calling and try and steer people in the right direction.

He made 5 pips yesterday

he lost 18 so far today

i'm just trying to help others see that he can't trade for sh*t
Yes, you are as subtle as a brick If I was going to out you I would have done so already.

It might sound sad but I guess for a lot of people (myself included probably) 5 pips is a minimum of 5 more than they would have made otherwise, there were also a few BE free trades that could have netted profit but after BE weren't a risk.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:42pm   #148
Joined Aug 2012

Quote:
Oh and btw, you do realise this is the first step in his scam. Get people away from BabyPips. This is free.... the next room you'll have to pay to enter
Thought I kind of pointed that out with the highlights of the first progression away from BP?

But yes, I am waiting for it, if it does happen it will be interesting to see how it is engineered.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:46pm   #149

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Thought I kind of pointed that out with the highlights of the first progression away from BP?

But yes, I am waiting for it, if it does happen it will be interesting to see how it is engineered.
I think this 'hack thing' he is going on about is the first step.

I can't see evidence of a hack. Nobody else can

I can see it now... "this forum keeps getting hacked, I have found a new one but it's on a subscription only basis"
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:46pm   #150
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Yes, you are as subtle as a brick If I was going to out you I would have done so already.

It might sound sad but I guess for a lot of people (myself included probably) 5 pips is a minimum of 5 more than they would have made otherwise, there were also a few BE free trades that could have netted profit but after BE weren't a risk.
Hello, and thanks for coming on here to chat.

I sympathise, but what makes you think this guy can teach you anything? He can't do it for himself.

A while back he was an equities trader using TA and indicators. Then he was a forex trader. Now order flow is the only way to go. He uses different names, different forums.

It's very easy (VERY EASY) to talk a good game in this thing whilst filling people's heads with absolute sh1t.

The guy is a marketer, not a trader. Be careful what you take away, because a lot of information out there is not only useless but actively harmful.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Soloquan , splashy