Message to Spammers of pennystockmagic & canadapick

This is a discussion on Message to Spammers of pennystockmagic & canadapick within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I have reported your abuse to Aweber and every time you spam our boards with your rubbish I will report ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:36pm   #1
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Message to Spammers of pennystockmagic & canadapick

I have reported your abuse to Aweber and every time you spam our boards with your rubbish I will report it again.

Sooner or later they will ban you.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:39pm   #2
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Message to Spammers of pennystockmagic & canadapick

I suggest we have a thread where we name and shame all these spam newsletters. Once the original spam posts have been deleted the only reference to them will be on the name and shame thread. That way when someone googles them it will come up as a scam meaning the posting of such nonsense will be counterproductive to the idiots.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Trader333 , trendie , Hoggums
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:41pm   #3
Joined Oct 2006

And I'd like to start by highlighting canadapicks as a spam newsletter. Do not subscribe to this it is a most likely a ripoff connected to smallcap share fraud.

Last edited by barjon; Jun 15, 2010 at 6:54pm. Reason: removed link
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:44pm   #4
Joined Oct 2006

And of course pennystockmagic which is yet another spam newsletter.

Last edited by barjon; Jun 15, 2010 at 6:54pm. Reason: removed link
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:39pm   #5

Joined May 2008

People do find there way back onto the forum after a ban. I think if its possible, it may be more effective to let the user continue posting and from the users pov everything stays the same, however in reality his/her posts no longer show on the form. Kind of like a ignore feature for all users.

Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:10pm   #6
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Trader333 started this thread The key to this is getting the autoresponder company they use to ban them which is what I am attempting to do. They use Aweber which is very sensitive to its users spamming people as it is their reputation at risk. I will wait and see what happens.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:11pm   #7

Joined May 2008

Nice one Paul. I still think my idea might be a good thing to do for site members though...

Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:24pm   #8
Joined Sep 2008

Good idea.
I believe aweber will act appropriately. They are used by many legitimate companies for email campaigns to opt-in members, subscribers, etc.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote