what rsi setting is best ?

This is a discussion on what rsi setting is best ? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by HaloTrader Well for example if someone has been developing an indicator system and working hard on it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:23pm   #22

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Well for example if someone has been developing an indicator system and working hard on it and then they see someone like you with lots of stars say to turn them off.... Its not very constructive for them.

Its just negative.
Boo hoo.

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:24pm   #23
Joined Dec 2003
The best settings are probably the ones people don't use.

Or use the settings that everyone uses but use the RSI in reverse. Spotting and trading technical failures is one of the less hard ways to make good money in this game. But you first have to be an expert in said indicator and that will probably take 6-12 months minimum. And how to be an expert, just keep watching it, ie it can't be done via looking at back data.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Rossini
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:25pm   #24

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpayne View Post
Ok Il take the bate Why off ??
I don't know, you work it out or get Halo Trader to explain it to you.

UNSUBSCRIBED!

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:31pm   #25
Joined Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post

UNSUBSCRIBED!
Heres an explanation are requested.

Basically - New Trader, you'll see him around being sarcastic and glowing of failure.

He failed for many years at trading so hes bitter about it. He couldn't even make money using indicators rofl - hes that much of a fail. Therefore he walks around telling everyone they'll fail through a jealous rage when he sees potential success.

To conclude, indicators are fine unless your a failure in which case you'll fail at everything anyway.
HaloTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:01pm   #26

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloTrader View Post
Well for example if someone has been developing an indicator system and working hard on it and then they see someone like you with lots of stars say to turn them off.... Its not very constructive for them.

Its just negative.
reputation on this board is more of a catwalk showing off how many buddies you have than anything else. if people new to trading believes someone posting something who has plenty of stars on his name means he knows what he is talking about would be better off listening to a monkey fart. i have given up with giving out reputation simply because i have seen plenty of names on here with tons of stars on their names handing out reputation to "pals" on posts that have nothing to do with trading at all. there might have been a time when it carried meaning but not anymore.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:19pm   #27
Joined Aug 2008
danpayne started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post

UNSUBSCRIBED!
I thought as you made the statement you would be the one best answer it, oh well never mind,, any way here is an example of how can work for you if you leave it "ON"...
Attached Thumbnails
tlw.jpg  
danpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:27pm   #28
Joined Aug 2008
danpayne started this thread [QUOTE=HaloTrader;790152]Heres an explanation are requested.

Basically - New Trader, you'll see him around being sarcastic and glowing of failure.

He failed for many years at trading so hes bitter about it. He couldn't even make money using indicators rofl - hes that much of a fail. Therefore he walks around telling everyone they'll fail through a jealous rage when he sees potential success.

To conclude, indicators are fine unless your a failure in which case you'll fail at everything anyway.[/QUOTE

danpayne is offline   Reply With Quote