US markets

This is a discussion on US markets within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; something is stiring..but what? total disconnect across the board, total chop fest, smoke and mirrors and faking out every which ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28, 2009, 9:31pm   #1

Joined Oct 2008
US markets

something is stiring..but what?

total disconnect across the board, total chop fest, smoke and mirrors and faking out every which way. there is no clear trend or direction.

anyone else seeing this and thinking something is brewing..

i have been getting killed this week, s&p has lsot all sense of normal price action, rendering my system useless

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 9:57pm   #2
Joined Aug 2003
did you lose today out of interest?
For some reason i tend to do well when good traders aren't (a little worrying in fact!)
I post calls in a thread on another forum and there are some good ES traders who are alot better than me, but when they go through a bad patch i tend to excel.
I had my best day in months today.

How would you describe todays action? i like the decent swings goin both ways. I tend to get killed on trending days (although am getting better)
candles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 10:15pm   #3

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread i dont know where to begin today!! market basically sold off hard, locals were short in the pit, there was no paper coming in at the lows at all, market even looked to be struggling to short cover..

i went heavily short here

started to short cover right into buy stops which rocketed the market up taking out even more buy stops from people short covering.. we then broke the highs (taking me out) and then just a game of ping pong the rest of the day..its just beyond me where this buying is coming from..even at the clse i expected a sell off and there was nothing..well we sold a bit only to rocket back up again.

dunno what form your using but if its mypivots they all use same methods as i do (price projections etc) hasnt worked in like a week now price action just isnt there..

if you check the rally at 12pm central time that just came from nowehre for no reason..markets are so erratic right now..they are setting up for a huge move i think and its just a tug of war going on..bears taking bulls stops and bulls taking bear stops untill someone gives in..(hopefully the bulls give in as i bought puts today and still heavly short from 909 (after an epic loss on the intra day rally)

im not sure its a case of the "big boys" playing games i think no1 knows what is happening and its just mayhem

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old May 28, 2009, 10:26pm   #4

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread note how many times it has failed to close above 910..
Attached Thumbnails
screen.jpg  

Old May 28, 2009, 10:28pm   #5

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread yeh dont think im going to trade tomorow lol
Attached Thumbnails
ouch.jpg  

Old May 28, 2009, 10:33pm   #6
Joined Nov 2007
Tomorrow may be perfect, then what?
rawrschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 10:35pm   #7

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread then i commit harikiri