Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; If you must have one, go for Reuters. Just have a good think about it, is all I'm saying; £1200 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 20, 2009, 4:10pm   #36

Joined Nov 2008
If you must have one, go for Reuters. Just have a good think about it, is all I'm saying; £1200 is a lot of money for information that can be gathered for free with a little effort.
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 4:14pm   #37

Joined Nov 2008
You say that it takes you a day to collate all your information for the month... if over an extended period of time your average daily net profit > £1200, you can theoretically justify Reuters. If not, then you can't. Besides, what's stopping you getting it done on a Sunday, that's got to be worth £1200. I'll do it for you for half that.

You'd be far better off paying £1500 a month at a firm and getting Reuters, dedicated support, direct lines to the exchange, lower commissions etc...

Last edited by Skill Leverage; May 20, 2009 at 4:19pm.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:22pm   #38

Joined Sep 2008
Also consider that you will not get 100% of what you want from Bloomers or Reuters - you will still have to spend time researching in detail when they don't provide everything you need.
roughbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 4:31pm   #39
Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdaytrader View Post
Anyway Costings are 1900 USD per month -bloomberg - 2 year contract 60 days notice for exit an exit charge of 50% of the remainder of the 2 year contract. There is also VAT on top.

For Reuters 3000 it was around 1000 - 1200 GBP per month. 12 month contract - no exit. + VAT on top.

I meant for the platform I suggested. Just curious.
Old May 20, 2009, 9:56pm   #40
Joined Apr 2009
ukdaytrader started this thread Gamma - cheers for that - its got RNS which is what I was specifically looking for.

Skills I cant do that as if you think that I need to look at say 10-12 sectors, place trades in respect of timings and look at other opportunities - I am out of time. At the moment I work from 8.00am to around 7 - 9 pm everyday 5 days a week and then some over the weekend.
ukdaytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 10:02pm   #41
Joined Apr 2009
ukdaytrader started this thread A more detailed look - this is really excellent , exactly what I was looking for, I think - Id like to see what the disclaimers are on the data that is provided particularly the financial reporting stuff. I've enquired about the pricing.
ukdaytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 8:44am   #42

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdaytrader View Post
Gamma - cheers for that - its got RNS which is what I was specifically looking for.

Skills I cant do that as if you think that I need to look at say 10-12 sectors, place trades in respect of timings and look at other opportunities - I am out of time. At the moment I work from 8.00am to around 7 - 9 pm everyday 5 days a week and then some over the weekend.
I reckon an assistant would be more cost-effective than Reuters, but good luck with whatever you go for. 8am eh, now there's a luxurious lie-in