HEDGE FUND; How do I set one up and join in the bonanza?!

This is a discussion on HEDGE FUND; How do I set one up and join in the bonanza?! within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; well reading about Paulson really inspired me yesterday!!!! It really motivated me End result - I had the best day ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:54am   #16
Joined Apr 2008
well reading about Paulson really inspired me yesterday!!!!
It really motivated me
End result - I had the best day EVER in trading yesterday
so I chose my thoughts and did something about it!
" I am the master of my thoughts"
forex999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 4:30pm   #17

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Hey guys,

I am also going in the direct of wanting to set up a hedge fund, however the accounting, legal and all other cost to start a hedge fund are at least $ 50,000. Which are much to high for me.
I thought of setting up a ltd as our "hedge fund" and let the first few small clients also set up a ltd, and then manage the clients money through the ltd.
Did anyone have any other low-budget hedge fund start up plan he or she wants to share?
regards
Paul
pokpok1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:23am   #18
Joined Feb 2008
you want to start a HF and $50k is too much? wtf is your cap? why not buy a piggy bank?
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 5:27pm   #19
Joined Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
you want to start a HF and $50k is too much? wtf is your cap? why not buy a piggy bank?

need to be a old boy with contacts with investment banking crooks to set up a edge fund.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:00pm   #20
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoeo View Post
I wonder what paulson paid in taxes?! How much did he really take home? .......aaahhh...... doesn't matter anyway, his pay check was still in the billions!! How happy he must be.... I keep meditating how it would feel like to have so much money...... oohh wow...!!!
I think I`m much happier than Paulson and I`m poor.

Something to consider for you

Money does not equal happiness.

In fact, if you are miserable and by some chance get rich, it will **** you up even more after the initial thrill.
JohnnyForex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:30pm   #21
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyForex View Post
I think I`m much happier than Paulson and I`m poor.[/quote}How do you know?

Quote:
Money does not equal happiness.
A lot of poor people say that.

QUOTE=JohnnyForex;975326]In fact, if you are miserable and by some chance get rich, it will **** you up even more after the initial thrill.
I doubt you know anyone personally that could corroborate that statement.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:37pm   #22
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
I doubt you know anyone personally that could corroborate that statement.
I don`t want to start a debate on this, especially since I know I`m right.

There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.

Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.

For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.

I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.
JohnnyForex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:45pm   #23
Joined Jul 2003
Looks like somebody cut the power to the Ghostbusters place again...
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:53pm   #24
Joined Mar 2007
Quote:

There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.

Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.

For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.

I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.
Have you tried Yoga and meditation?
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:56pm   #25
Joined Jul 2003
What flavour?

I've found rubbing horse liniment into my genitals before I start work helps sharpen my focus and stops me thinking unclean thought. But the other passengers seem to find it disturbing.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:59pm   #26
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Good for you.

Quote:
I There are many miserable rich people. Just look around you. They`re everywhere.
Just looked. Not too many as far as I can see.

Quote:
I Personally, I`m very happy now, but I would not mind having financial freedom.
So, that would make you happier. More money I mean?

Quote:
I For me, it`s a worthwhile goal pursuing, but it`s DEFINITELY NOT to become happy.
Uh? What is a worthwhile goal worth pursuing? What would you have to do if you found yourself being happy?

Quote:
I I`m just saying that if you are miserable, don`t expect the money to fix it, because it won`t.
Iíve tried both and itís a lot more difficult being miserable when you have lots of money.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Black Swan
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:48am   #27
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
Good for you.

Just looked. Not too many as far as I can see.

So, that would make you happier. More money I mean?

Uh? What is a worthwhile goal worth pursuing? What would you have to do if you found yourself being happy?

Iíve tried both and itís a lot more difficult being miserable when you have lots of money.
To quote Ben Affleck in the (very under-rated) film boiler room;

Jim: "I am a fookin millionaire. And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fookin senior citizen. This furm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very bleeping good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You gups are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm."

"Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fookin have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fookin smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby"
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2009, 9:23am   #28
Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
To quote Ben Affleck in the (very under-rated) film boiler room;

Jim: "I am a fookin millionaire. And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fookin senior citizen. This furm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very bleeping good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You gups are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm."

"Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fookin have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fookin smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby"
There just was a TV show about happiness in Israel.

EDIT: something I found that resmebles the study they showed:
it was called "how to become truly happy in 6 lessons", and it was hosted by an investigative reporter and a brain scienctist/psychaiatrist.
they checked with real people about 6 different things (money, work, love, children, luck, fun) and how it affects their happines, then they backed it up with academic experiments with straight up conclusions.

I won't tell you everything about everything but the money experiments stated this:
above a certain amount of money you earn a month, there's no affect to the increase on your happines. the amount in israel was a surprisingly low 14K NIS (about 4K USD).
of course, people who don't have large amount of money find it hard to agree with this, but there definitely are people who are miserable with lots of money.

they presented a a man who stated that his money (cap over $100M) made his life more convenient - not happy, as he lost his beloved wife to cancer and no matter the costs he could not save her - he described the process of losing his friend because he went from a regular neigbourhood to one of rich people, and his friends just didn't feel comfortable seeing him anymore

anyway, the final conclusion of this (to me) is that there's a certain amount you should work towards, and then stop. (whatever the number for you - 5K a month/30K a month/10 M total/ 500M total).

wish you all to get to that number FAST

http://www.webmd.com/news/20060630/s...make-you-happy
amnonco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:51pm   #29

2 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Re: HEDGE FUND; How do I set one up and join in the bonanza?!

Does any know of any hedge fund start ups in London?
Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote