Anyone can learn?

This is a discussion on Anyone can learn? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by damianoakley Hi Grant, ............... but it seems to be human nature to trap ourselves into a rat-race ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:46pm   #61

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianoakley View Post
Hi Grant,
but it seems to be human nature to trap ourselves into a rat-race that we spend half our lives trying to escape....
Damian
Agree. Many people work very hard to earn the money necessary to sustain the lifestyle from which they would like to escape. Very few work out that the solution is to escape.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:58pm   #62
Joined Jan 2007
Wink Mine to

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantx View Post
Andy,

My only problem is a lack of discipline (but I'm working on it).

Grant.
Hi Grant

Thanks

working on it to, must be that Manchester air that corrodes that bit of the brain box

Funny really because its lack of discipline thats shaped my life and its been .......well no complaints worth mentioning ............... a real good road trip.

Serious = working on it very hard

Cheers, trade well and stay disciplined

latter......................News out
black bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:33pm   #63

Joined Jul 2006
Quote:
Andy,

My only problem is a lack of discipline (but I'm working on it).

Grant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black bear View Post
Hi Grant

Thanks

working on it too, must be that Manchester air that corrodes that bit of the brain box

Funny really because its lack of discipline thats shaped my life and its been .......well no complaints worth mentioning ............... a real good road trip.

Serious = working on it very hard

Cheers, trade well and stay disciplined

latter......................News out
Perhaps - instead of going round in circles in this endless nature vs nurture debate - it would be more beneficial to start a thread on "how to become more disciplined?".

Just my 2c...
firewalker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:46pm   #64

Joined Sep 2003
If everyone would just recognize that I was right and they were wrong we could move on to that CV.
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:30pm   #65
Joined Jan 2007
Thanks but no thanks FW

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker99 View Post
Perhaps - instead of going round in circles in this endless nature vs nurture debate - it would be more beneficial to start a thread on "how to become more disciplined?".

Just my 2c...
Hi FW

Think you would better be asking................

Question: under what circumstances does failure in discipline let someone down and why did it occur when it was not perhaps a problem earlier

answer: when an individual attempts to step up in class

Class is recognised on sight in an instant by nearly everyone and can be be found in individuals or animals coming from any social background or race. It is pre-determined at birth, and infact is what many of the threads and posts you refer to are infact about.

Traders are not born but individuals are born with Class

Class is what makes them stand out from the field , nothing else. They would stand out in any walk of life, we all no who they are, they no who they are, we meet them every day, its just a fact of life. You try beating an individual with more class than you and unless the difference in ability is marked

YOU WILL LOSE 90% OF THE TIME, same as when 2 dogs meet and one achnowledges the others right to lead by rolling over to allow its soft under belly to be inspected :-)

Trading you are competing with You so stay within your CLASS or you will get F..cked for sure

Steve Ovett, "I put the same work in as that guy jogging over there, I just go faster thats all"

The guy over there he is refering to is you and me and we don"t need to win Gold to make a living do we, we just need to learn about which class we should be playing in and not put ourselves in positions where our worst faults surface and sabatage us imho.

Just my 2c worth :-)
Attached Images

Last edited by black bear; Apr 10, 2008 at 4:33pm. Reason: piccy"s typo
black bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: damianoakley
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:07pm   #66

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker99 View Post
Another question for the originator of this thread

Can anyone become a F1 driver?
(environment, environment,...)

Yet I'm sure we can are all pretty much convinced that learning to drive is something almost anyone can learn.
why would anyone bother ? 2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad ......
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:25pm   #67
Joined Jun 2006
RC,

Don't get uppity just because your a moderator.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:48pm   #68

Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
RC,

Don't get uppity just because your a moderator.

Grant.
advisor Grant, advisor.....
i have yet to reach those hallowed halls ......

can still come gunning for you though
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:56pm   #69
Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine View Post
If everyone would just recognize that I was right and they were wrong we could move on to that CV.
================================================== ======

funny, that could be my line also !

mp
mp6140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2008, 6:08pm   #70
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by black bear View Post
Hi FW

Think you would better be asking................

Question: under what circumstances does failure in discipline let someone down and why did it occur when it was not perhaps a problem earlier

answer: when an individual attempts to step up in class

Class is recognised on sight in an instant by nearly everyone and can be be found in individuals or animals coming from any social background or race. It is pre-determined at birth, and infact is what many of the threads and posts you refer to are infact about.

Traders are not born but individuals are born with Class

Class is what makes them stand out from the field , nothing else. They would stand out in any walk of life, we all no who they are, they no who they are, we meet them every day, its just a fact of life. You try beating an individual with more class than you and unless the difference in ability is marked

YOU WILL LOSE 90% OF THE TIME, same as when 2 dogs meet and one achnowledges the others right to lead by rolling over to allow its soft under belly to be inspected :-)

Trading you are competing with You so stay within your CLASS or you will get F..cked for sure

Steve Ovett, "I put the same work in as that guy jogging over there, I just go faster thats all"

The guy over there he is refering to is you and me and we don"t need to win Gold to make a living do we, we just need to learn about which class we should be playing in and not put ourselves in positions where our worst faults surface and sabatage us imho.

Just my 2c worth :-)
Very, very good post indeed.

And this prevailing aspects of class is also present in nearly all areas of life. We could take women as an example. Some are just so damn stunning that no matter how badly they dress you still find them sexy. Others could have the best stylists, hairdressers, clothes that money can buy, yet you'd still think: no thank you.

There is nothing to stop individuals trying to strive to be better, and some do get better. What makes this game more difficult is that it's hard to measure one's class since you don't know if you can trust the measures in question.
temptrader is offline   Reply With Quote