Rescaling a Stochastic

This is a discussion on Rescaling a Stochastic within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Everyone, Just wondered if anyone knows off the top of their head what formula to use that would change ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:35am   #1

Joined May 2008
Rescaling a Stochastic

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knows off the top of their head what formula to use that would change the scaling on a stochastic from 0 to 100 TO -100 to +100

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:38pm   #2

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossini View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knows off the top of their head what formula to use that would change the scaling on a stochastic from 0 to 100 TO -100 to +100

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
not sure its really a question of "scaling" as none of the components of the calculation can ever actually be less than 0. if you've ever seen it, you cant have been looking at a stochastic
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:00pm   #3

Joined Mar 2014
Double it and then subtract one hundred....simples
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:56pm   #4

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Double it and then subtract one hundred....simples
nobody likes a smartass
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:33pm   #5

Joined May 2008
Rossini started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
not sure its really a question of "scaling" as none of the components of the calculation can ever actually be less than 0. if you've ever seen it, you cant have been looking at a stochastic
Hi Malaguti,

I appreciate that, but I need the midpoint of a stochastic to be 0 (not 50). Im probably asking in the wrong place but does anyone else know of a way to achieve this?

Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:38pm   #6

Joined Mar 2014
Jeez, which bit of 'Double it and then subtract one hundred' don't you understand?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:15pm   #7

Joined May 2008
Rossini started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Jeez, which bit of 'Double it and then subtract one hundred' don't you understand?
Hi cbrads,

I actually didn't see your post, but yes you're quite right. Many thanks for that.. Simples