Why to invest?

This is a discussion on Why to invest? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hello. The question of this thread is: why an investing in stocks, fund managing, bonds, is a worthy business? Nowadays, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:13pm   #1
Joined Dec 2017
Why to invest?

Hello. The question of this thread is: why an investing in stocks, fund managing, bonds, is a worthy business?
Nowadays, investing systems become more and more popular. The number of people that attracted in different investing tools is increasing, and this way of making money becomes more developed. I suppose that this trend will progress.
First of all, I would like to note that investing that built on correct money management is a great source of money that works for you. More funds, more earnings. Moreover, diversified investments can protect you from loses and make investing process more safety and profitable.
What do you think?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:36pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash8 View Post
Hello. The question of this thread is: why an investing in stocks, fund managing, bonds, is a worthy business?
Nowadays, investing systems become more and more popular. The number of people that attracted in different investing tools is increasing, and this way of making money becomes more developed. I suppose that this trend will progress.
First of all, I would like to note that investing that built on correct money management is a great source of money that works for you. More funds, more earnings. Moreover, diversified investments can protect you from loses and make investing process more safety and profitable.
What do you think?
Personally for me, it is simply control: I can control the risk, the strategies, etc...

With today's technology, it is actually easier for me to manage my money compared to have someone else do it for me and I have to call and chase them, etc...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:30am   #3
Joined Feb 2018
Quote:
I would like to note that investing that built on correct money management is a great
I completely agree with that.
SCM Forex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Flash8
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:25pm   #4

4 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
Investing with long-term prospect can be more profitable than short term speculations at the finish. But sometimes, people need some fast money and try to get it with forex trading. But, this way can be even much more difficult and perilous.
Daru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:02pm   #5

9 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daru View Post
Investing with long-term prospect can be more profitable than short term speculations at the finish. But sometimes, people need some fast money and try to get it with forex trading. But, this way can be even much more difficult and perilous.
Yes, but trading with good strategy and risk management can show good monthly interest rates, 10, 15%. Any of the investment options can not offer such an increase. In any case, all this is one and the same, only with different risks and liquidity.
FPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:54pm   #6
Joined Feb 2002
Investing is unleveraged and generally long-only.

If you invest £1 and the asset doubles you will have £2. If you trade using £1 at 1:50 leverage and the underlying asset doubles you will have £50.

If you invest £1 and the asset doubles and then drops back to entry, you will be holding £1. If you trade
using £1 at 1:50 leverage and the underlying asset doubles and then drops back to entry you will have £100.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:49pm   #7

Joined Aug 2015
I agree with you. Investments should be made properly and funds managed adequately for you to see all the possible losses that may arise. If everything is done like this, you are likely to succeed.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:30am   #8

9 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Investing is unleveraged and generally long-only.

If you invest £1 and the asset doubles you will have £2. If you trade using £1 at 1:50 leverage and the underlying asset doubles you will have £50.

If you invest £1 and the asset doubles and then drops back to entry, you will be holding £1. If you trade
using £1 at 1:50 leverage and the underlying asset doubles and then drops back to entry you will have £100.
you mean that trading is much more profitable than investing, have I got you right? Well, what would you say about risks then? I've heard many times that investing is less risky.
Cerid is offline   Reply With Quote