PROOF That Forex is RANDOM video

This is a discussion on PROOF That Forex is RANDOM video within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Exceptional....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:55pm   #16
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
Exceptional.
__________________
Trading Price
The Wyckoff Method
dbphoenix is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:16pm   #17
Joined Apr 2016
It cannot be random if 99% of the people lose. Forex is certainty and predictable.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:07pm   #18
 
goose4's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
goose4 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
It cannot be random if 99% of the people lose. Forex is certainty and predictable.
Agreed.

Actually 99 percent of hedge funds lose. Here is link.

https://agoraeconomics.com/2016/09/0...ds-lose-money/
__________________
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
goose4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:13pm   #19
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
Agreed.

Actually 99 percent of hedge funds lose. Here is link.

https://agoraeconomics.com/2016/09/0...ds-lose-money/
Their number is a bit off. My gut indicator says 99.9%.

If you already know, why did you start the thread ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:04pm   #20
Joined Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
Agreed.

Actually 99 percent of hedge funds lose. Here is link.

https://agoraeconomics.com/2016/09/0...ds-lose-money/
...and they got paid for losing money
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:09pm   #21
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
...and they got paid for losing money
Why shouldn't they ? You want them to do it for free ? If people are too lazy to lose by themselves, it's only right they should pay someone else a fee to do it for them.

The trouble with people is they want free lunch, when in reality no such thing exists. How else will they learn if they don't pay for education ?
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:29pm   #22
 
goose4's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
goose4 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Their number is a bit off. My gut indicator says 99.9%.

If you already know, why did you start the thread ?
I thought it would be interesting for new traders to present the notion that random

generated data looks exactly like real markets. That a pro trader would not be able

to distinguish the difference with random charts vs real market charts.

That all the technical laws like Elliott wave,channels,fractals and support and resistance are seen on random charts.

Most of the folk here are noobs, so this will help them learn something.
__________________
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
goose4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:36pm   #23
Joined Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Why shouldn't they ? You want them to do it for free ? If people are too lazy to lose by themselves, it's only right they should pay someone else a fee to do it for them.

The trouble with people is they want free lunch, when in reality no such thing exists. How else will they learn if they don't pay for education ?
They were more interested in making some money than learning about financial markets I suppose
metrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:38pm   #24
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
I thought it would be interesting for new traders to present the notion that random

generated data looks exactly like real markets. That a pro trader would not be able

to distinguish the difference with random charts vs real market charts.

Most of the folk here are noobs, so this will help them learn something.
Yes, I see what you are getting at. Reverse logics are generally confusing. So I was taken in.

Noobs think there are patterns not because they naturally believe there is. Rather they are educated to be that way. I don't believe you can reverse that education. I tried it with my own brother with the very best knowledge and insights that is humanly possible and it was a complete loss. I am not optimistic on your endeavour.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:43pm   #25
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrader View Post
They were more interested in making some money than learning about financial markets I suppose
It's usually they have too much money. So others taking from them is no big deal. On the back of every blood sucker is another blood sucker. When someone has too much blood, it's usually they are too good at getting it from someone else. If they lose a little, it's just karma.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:08pm   #26
 
goose4's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
goose4 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Yes, I see what you are getting at. Reverse logics are generally confusing. So I was taken in.

Noobs think there are patterns not because they naturally believe there is. Rather they are educated to be that way. I don't believe you can reverse that education. I tried it with my own brother with the very best knowledge and insights that is humanly possible and it was a complete loss. I am not optimistic on your endeavour.
yeah good post dude.Unlearn to learn.
__________________
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
goose4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:17pm   #27
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
He used random data to produce bar charts. He is a great computer programer.

These charts look 100 percent like real market charts. No different,using random data input.

Buffet once put it more simpler - if you try to turn over price chart you essentially get the same
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Developing my own bullet proof system to trade FOREX. No one Knows Forex 36 Dec 21, 2008 10:19am
Proof of consistency trading forex epic767 Forex 7 Jan 25, 2008 10:18pm
Article: A Random Rant on the Random Walk Theory T2W Bot Educational Resources 2 Nov 7, 2007 2:51pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)