do trader have their own trading cycle

This is a discussion on do trader have their own trading cycle within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; We use indicators to look at the market because we believe market has its cycle and it will repeat itself. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:39pm   #1

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
do trader have their own trading cycle

We use indicators to look at the market because we believe market has its cycle and it will repeat itself. And we think the indicators can tell us about that.

If we believe the market has its cycle, should we, as trader, has our own trading cycle. If we have our own cycle, will we make more good trades in our good cycle and more bad traders in our bad cycle. If we have indicators in our own trading cycle, will it make our trading simpler and more profitable?
astro4trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:57pm   #2

Joined Sep 2007
Certain commodities and stocks perform better at different parts of an economic cycle if that's what your on about.

Please excuse my spelling and grammar
ha0dho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:07pm   #3
Joined Dec 2004
I think traders can certainly have cycles. A good trader will understand that potential and will look to identify indications of changes in their trading from that perspective.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:15pm   #4
Joined Feb 2002
I'm a sceptic on this notion of market cycles. I have often heard traders complain that some or other TA or strategy they were using worked well until the market changed. I don't mean it stopped going up and started going down, they're saying something less predictable and visible than that. Actually, sometimes they imply that their brokers or the big players came to realise how the strategy worked and so they played against it and the opportunity vanished.

Well, until I can see this on a chart, I'm going to stay unconvinced.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:47am   #5

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
astro4trading started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I'm a sceptic on this notion of market cycles..
What I mean is TRADER CYCLE, not MARKET CYCLE. Chart your own trading account daily closing amount. If you have more than 200 data. You should be able to see that.
astro4trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:01pm   #6
Joined Jan 2017
Sometimes such periods really happen, but I think it depends on the nature of human personality.
People live with cycles, the nature lives with them. The life of the whole world is divided into periods. Day and night, seasons, etc.
Some psychologists say that people (not only traders but all of us) have their own cycles that influence their life and work. It's natural.
alextrader79 is offline   Reply With Quote