How to run a daily count of the gainers vs losers on the s&p 500?

This is a discussion on How to run a daily count of the gainers vs losers on the s&p 500? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; So I've been scratching my head for a while now trying find a free charting software that will allow me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:24pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
How to run a daily count of the gainers vs losers on the s&p 500?

So I've been scratching my head for a while now trying find a free charting software that will allow me to run an analysis of the positive v negative stocks at the end of each trading day. Now I can obviously do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper, and on the dow its not to difficult but on the S&P its rather laborious work. So could any one tell me if this is possible? I've seen charts presented before however I can't remember where. Ok thanks in advance for your ideas.
dominostark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:35pm   #2

Joined Apr 2010
Re: How to run a daily count of the gainers vs losers on the s&p 500?

try wealth lab or AmiBroker
alphadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:38pm   #3
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Re: How to run a daily count of the gainers vs losers on the s&p 500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominostark View Post
So I've been scratching my head for a while now trying find a free charting software that will allow me to run an analysis of the positive v negative stocks at the end of each trading day. Now I can obviously do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper, and on the dow its not to difficult but on the S&P its rather laborious work. So could any one tell me if this is possible? I've seen charts presented before however I can't remember where. Ok thanks in advance for your ideas.
Heat maps

S&P 500 Map Heatmap

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote