Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I'll have more time for trading in the New Year and i'm looking for the best option on getting up ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:10pm   #1

Joined Mar 2011
Bloomberg Terminal

I'll have more time for trading in the New Year and i'm looking for the best option on getting up to date news etc. Currently i just have the times of any important news releases that may effect the markets i trade and set alarms so i know to be out of the market at these time. What would a Bloomberg terminal offer to a day trader, and what benefits would it have?
Doomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:36pm   #2

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Bloomberg Terminal

You will never be successful at trading until you learn how to judge the market by its own action.

THE END.

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:53pm   #3
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomberg View Post
I'll have more time for trading in the New Year and i'm looking for the best option on getting up to date news etc. Currently i just have the times of any important news releases that may effect the markets i trade and set alarms so i know to be out of the market at these time. What would a Bloomberg terminal offer to a day trader, and what benefits would it have?
Throwing my 2 cents in here...

I have never used any instant, up-to-the microsecond, news services. The free delayed ones and market/trader commentary sites are fine. If I was specifically trading the news event spikes then maybe I could have some use for them. As it is now I just wait for the news release, whatever it may be, and watch what happens. Who cares if the news is good or bad. (I never can tell anyway). I will already have a plan on what to do if certain scenarios take place. If none of those scenarios play out, then no trade and I move on. The "no trade" is important. You MUST NOT trade just because you feel the need to.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:56pm   #4

Joined Mar 2011

Doomberg started this thread Sure that is the main part of it but thats like saying a atlantic cod fisherman should use a shoelace with a hook to catch cod. When it would be better to have a modern day fishing vessel. I'm content with my trading skills, the question was if Bloomberg would have any extra benefits from having it live throughout the trading day?

Surely some Day Traders must use it on here?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:03pm   #5
Joined Nov 2011

bbg is good for the following things;

the messenger
fast data, provided you are trading from somewhere with the speed to make a difference (like not at home)
pricing
research, like co integration of Baltic Dry and Trafigura

none of these are any use to you. Oh, and its ~$5,400 per qtr for 2 years.
Jerry Westerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:04pm   #6

Joined Mar 2011

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Throwing my 2 cents in here...

I have never used any instant, up-to-the microsecond, news services. The free delayed ones and market/trader commentary sites are fine. If I was specifically trading the news event spikes then maybe I could have some use for them. As it is now I just wait for the news release, whatever it may be, and watch what happens. Who cares if the news is good or bad. (I never can tell anyway). I will already have a plan on what to do if certain scenarios take place. If none of those scenarios play out, then no trade and I move on. The "no trade" is important. You MUST NOT trade just because you feel the need to.

Peter
This is my issue, like my thread the other day "one more trade before bed" and ended up losing my days work... this needs to be stamped out, and yeah where do you use for the news times?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:08pm   #7

Joined Mar 2011

Doomberg started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Westerby View Post
bbg is good for the following things;

the messenger
fast data, provided you are trading from somewhere with the speed to make a difference (like not at home)
pricing
research, like co integration of Baltic Dry and Trafigura

none of these are any use to you. Oh, and its ~$5,400 per qtr for 2 years.
You kidding me? thats $1800pcm which would not make sense for me at my at the moment tbh

Wasn't there a post on here from Bloomberg direct offering a free quarter?

And lol it's ironic that my name Doomberg is actually a spin off of Bloomgerg because of the occasional giving info that doesn't help... A few times on the online news station i got caught out by advice that they kind of gave, so i do all my own research now but i do think that a live news feature could have benefits