What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

This is a discussion on What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by NVP but dont you think that you have to disconnect yourself from the intrinsic value of money ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:46am   #71
Joined Sep 2008
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
but dont you think that you have to disconnect yourself from the intrinsic value of money to trade effectively ?

N
I agree you should disconnect yourself from the dollars & cents while you are in a trade or you will tend to make decisions based solely on the position's dollar value rather than sound trading techniques.

I think what Split means is more along the lines of people just throwing $20000 into an account and saying, "whoohoo, here we go", and not really having any plan or method.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:36pm   #72

Joined May 2009
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

I'm interested in spread trading Copper and Platinum. Do I need a spread betting account?
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorDutch
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:19pm   #73
Joined Aug 2008

MajorDutch started this thread Here is a good one someone posted earlier today.

Re: Am I scalping?
To maximize your probabilities, make sure to trade around the london and us opens where you have lots of price action and volume

utter b0ll0cks
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: dc2000
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:20pm   #74
Joined Aug 2008

MajorDutch started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint_Crusher View Post
I'm interested in spread trading Copper and Platinum. Do I need a spread betting account?
no you need to go down to your local scrap metal dealer.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:50pm   #75

Joined May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh5467 View Post
no you need to go down to your local scrap metal dealer.
That might be one way of doing things but how can I sprerad trade platinum without a spread betting copper account .
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:12pm   #76

Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisetrader View Post
Has anyone tried Euro Daily Trader from theforexclub.eu?
They are known to steal peoples money.
Hope that helps
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:50pm   #77
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
This quote in 5 different threads...
eegozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:02pm   #78
Joined May 2010

Actually, I really cringe when cosistently losing traders jerk out what I like to call 'neo-conventional wisdom'.

So someone who tries trading with pin bars, 2:1 risk reward, S/R, and fails miserably, who then goes on to say 'R/R is bull****' , ' can't make money off charts, pin bars don't work', 'S/R is useless'....

I think someone who makes money defying those conventions has a right to argue against them, but it's the people who flit from one to another, in a never ending cycle of losing for years and years; they seemingly know everything about every market and every trading style, why order flow is better than charts, but can't make money either way and just keep giving negative advice.

Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:48pm   #79
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
winner
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2