What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

This is a discussion on What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Jimmy Lulz I haven't got a shiny, tall building. But I do have a thick, veiny shaft. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:58pm   #57
Joined Jun 2011
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lulz View Post
I haven't got a shiny, tall building. But I do have a thick, veiny shaft.

Now you're interested, aren't you Joe?
You keep it where the sun doesn't shine. Clearly you got shafted by the banks so often that your reflexive response to anything at all is to drop your trousers.
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:01am   #58

Joined Apr 2011
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lulz View Post
I haven't got a shiny, tall building. But I do have a thick, veiny shaft.

Now you're interested, aren't you Joe?
Dash reincarnate?

maybe not the stupidest but definitely rather dumb is:

"trading is a zero sum game"

stupidest was already mentioned:

"95% of all traders lose"
enragedcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:03am   #59
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
You keep it where the sun doesn't shine. Clearly you got shafted by the banks so often that your reflexive response to anything at all is to drop your trousers.
Joe, it's so long it sticks out the bottom of my trouser leg - and that's only with a semi lob-on.

It used to scrape along the ground when I walked. In the end, I had to put a caster on the end of it to stop the friction burns. Lovely thing, it is - solid brass, salvaged from an 18th century dumb-waiter leg I found in a salvage yard.
Jimmy Lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: G.O.A.T
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:03am   #60
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragedcow View Post
stupidest was already mentioned:

"95% of all traders lose"
True, because the real figure is higher than 99%.
Thanks! The following members like this post: petedeluiz
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:33am   #61

Joined Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint_Crusher View Post
Please enlightenise me for I am correct. I await the directionism of the error of my ways.
You won't be listening to it

Stick to the plan if it works for ya and don't blast the thing which you don't have a clue.
petedeluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:13pm   #62

Joined May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedeluiz View Post
You won't be listening to it

Stick to the plan if it works for ya and don't blast the thing which you don't have a clue.
For I am most certainly correct. My life is devoted to delivering baptisms of fire to those unsuspecting trusting misguided miggilons who think that FOREX is a game.
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:22pm   #63
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint_Crusher View Post
For I am most certainly correct. My life is devoted to delivering baptisms of fire to those unsuspecting trusting misguided miggilons who think that FOREX is a game.
Woah, woah, woah, hey, hey, woah, hey, woah, heyyyyy, wooooooooooah, woooooooah, WOAH....... you mean to say that FOREX is NOT a game?
the_coumiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:25pm   #64
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_coumiester View Post
you mean to say that FOREX is NOT a game?
I think he means to say it's a gamble.