Option intraday data to database advice?

This is a discussion on Option intraday data to database advice? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hello, I've been building some applications/tools for analyzing stocks/options using PHP(calculations)/ActionScript 3 (for charting) and I use a MySQL database ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:26pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Exclamation Option intraday data to database advice?

Hello,

I've been building some applications/tools for analyzing stocks/options using PHP(calculations)/ActionScript 3 (for charting) and I use a MySQL database to store data. right now I am simply storing daily stock data for my targeted equities of choice. I am highly interested in analyzing options but they have so many lines of data per day (intraday).

Stock data i get from yahoo for free. I am thinking about purchasing (by the minute trade data) options data from the company: tick data and then importing all the data into my MySQL database.

I can handle the coding, that's not a problem. - I'm just looking for some general advice I guess.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?
Anyone work with company: TickData before? good/bad?
What's a good table structure for storing options data?...Make a table per symbol and store all strikes/contract dates in one table?

Thanks
bionary is offline   Reply With Quote