Don't read report or news or research.

This is a discussion on Don't read report or news or research. within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Jason101 I was short the Swissy this afternoon (on a 5m t/f) during the ISM. Did I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 3, 2011, 3:39am   #16

Joined Oct 2008
Re: Don't read report or news or research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
I was short the Swissy this afternoon (on a 5m t/f) during the ISM.
Did I care? No. (As it happened I scratched the trade due to (over) cautious PA.)

If I did not scratch it I would have ended up with about x15 my target.

My moral of this storey is. - If my stop is in the right place for my normal set up and I let any news run any profit, then a failed trade has cost me no more than usual and a winner has run much further and the concept of letting winners run has done me proud.
My thought to you Jason is primarily, why did you not care? Are you totally isolated from humanity? and losing money trading Forex does not matter to you............ If this is the case then please let me trade your money, and a percentage will go to the needy..... I can point you to many winners
JahDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:42pm   #17
Joined Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahDave View Post
My thought to you Jason is primarily, why did you not care? Are you totally isolated from humanity? and losing money trading Forex does not matter to you............
H Dave,

Thanks for your reply and concerned words. I am not sure why but I have only just seen it.

I think you must have misunderstood me. By a scratch trade I meant a break even trade. I lost no money on the trade. If I had lost I would have cared, but having said I do believe that you need to factor in a certain amount of loss into your plan and not worry too much if you lose within your expected parameters.

The x15 win was what would have happened if I had kept the trade open through the news.

I like very much your value on money; I wish everyone held your beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahDave View Post
If this is the case then please let me trade your money, and a percentage will go to the needy..... I can point you to many winners
I am always wanting to learn more and would welcome any pointers/new ideas especially from someone who seems to be very confident in not losing and respects the value of money so much.

Kind Regards
Jason
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:27am   #18

Joined Jul 2011

Disregard any kind of news and ****: YES
petedeluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:40pm   #19

Joined Jun 2011

1only started this thread If you read news reports today, you will go long on EURUSD for big loss. I lost my first trade just because I read them but come back by forgetting about these news reports. Check my record here http://www.mt4i.com/users/partnerfx
1only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:46pm   #20

Joined Apr 2010

why the f**k would you go long eur on todays news?

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:15pm   #21
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
why the f**k would you go long eur on todays news?
The poor chap on the other end of my trade?

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:58pm   #22
Joined Oct 2008

I dig the long term big picture and I don't dig the news.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:40pm   #23

Joined Jun 2011

1only started this thread Well, to me I am doing a lot better after I stopped reading news. I was under 2% per week and traded ups and downs before. Now, my trading target is 5% per week and meet my goal in the past 8 out 9 weeks.
1only is offline   Reply With Quote