Earthquake appeals

This is a discussion on Earthquake appeals within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hello am new to this blog. But am learning to trade with Trading Advantage and loving it! I have donated ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:09pm   #11
ca1

6 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Re: Earthquake appeals

Hello am new to this blog. But am learning to trade with Trading Advantage and loving it!

I have donated to the Japan cause and hope they recover as well as possible. There are so many new fake charities set up for this I am sticking to my usual.
ca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:49am   #12
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1 View Post
Hello am new to this blog. But am learning to trade with Trading Advantage and loving it!

I have donated to the Japan cause and hope they recover as well as possible. There are so many new fake charities set up for this I am sticking to my usual.
its sad such an immoral thing that can be allowed to happen.......but we are certainly in a business that should teach us how to ensure we dont get scammed and the money goes to the right people

making money in the markets is still pretty easy at present so please donate a % to the situation that is causing it ...........

N
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:21am   #13
Joined Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTradingZone View Post
Scammers are everywhere! Luckily I only donate to the largest funds like you mentioned...Red Cross.
Myself and two mates took a load of aid out to Albania back when Kosovo kicked off. The place was full of the various big charities. What struck me more than anything was the fact that the place was chock full of brand new 4 wheel drives all sporting the insignia of these charities.

The experience made me wonder just what percentage of donations actually end up getting through to the people who need it most. Now don't get me wrong i think that the big charities do an important job, but i believe at the end of the day there are far better ways to help or to give to the people of Japan then just making a donation to the red cross.
doobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:15am   #14
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobs View Post
Myself and two mates took a load of aid out to Albania back when Kosovo kicked off. The place was full of the various big charities. What struck me more than anything was the fact that the place was chock full of brand new 4 wheel drives all sporting the insignia of these charities.

The experience made me wonder just what percentage of donations actually end up getting through to the people who need it most. Now don't get me wrong i think that the big charities do an important job, but i believe at the end of the day there are far better ways to help or to give to the people of Japan then just making a donation to the red cross.

dont go there.............I was interviewed for the commercial Director role for a major charity a few years back and the experience was to say the least..... enlightening ?

they are just that - corporates.........the % of money getting to the ground is not as high as smaller outfits but its still better than nothing - but they are VERY VERY Beuracratic and Brand driven......all PC but pubic sector levels of wastage i'm afraid.......you wont see battered vehicles for health and safety and Tax reasons plus it depends on deals agreed with the vehicle suppliers

its like having BT as your telecomnication provider a few years back.........you pick them because theres no other realistic choice although you pull you hair out...

N
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:01pm   #15
Joined Apr 2010

I seen a picture of a Japanese woman holding her mothers hands....thats all that was showing above ground, her mothers hands. Mad or wot.
kimo'sabby is offline   Reply With Quote