Grey 1 where and why did he vanish?

This is a discussion on Grey 1 where and why did he vanish? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Scalping never pays...... Interesting posts on some research FYI. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spre...ml#post1478794...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:35pm   #46

Joined Feb 2004
Re: Grey 1 where and why did he vanish?

Scalping never pays...... Interesting posts on some research FYI.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spre...ml#post1478794
gulam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:02pm   #47

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulam View Post
Scalping never pays...... Interesting posts on some research FYI.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spre...ml#post1478794
liquidity providing forms of scalping are consitently shown to be the best strategy there is, actually...
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:16pm   #48
Joined Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
liquidity providing forms of scalping are consitently shown to be the best strategy there is, actually...
retail traders can't do this though, can they?
Devilicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:18pm   #49

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilicus View Post
retail traders can't do this though, can they?
I don't see why not. Odds stacked against em but it's doable. It's what, about 5k to open a futures account?

If they can pay less than, I dunno, £3 a round trip they could make money.

Alternatively in FX I think some of the ECNs rebate you for providing liquidity, right? I'm not actually certain.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:40pm   #50
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002

Quote:
I wish!
I don't know of any retail traders who enjoy a deal as good as that. (I'm not saying there aren't any - I just don't know of any.) There might be a few iffy brokers out there offering rates this low - but none of the majors are, AFAIK. The only way to significantly reduce round trip charges I know of is through exchange membership but, obviously, there are costs involved with that.

This is where I get deluged with posts from loads of peeps saying they only pay $3.00 RT!

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:52pm   #51

Joined Jan 2007

Sure they do - geofhill here, for exmaple, pays about 80p on ftse, which is not much more than I do.

Admittedly he does a lot more size than most retail traders. But it's perfectly possible

Don't forget it depends on the product as well. On CME/CBOT stuff being an exchange member is far more important than it is on LIFFE...

Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:18pm   #52
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
I don't see why not. Odds stacked against em but it's doable. It's what, about 5k to open a futures account?

Alternatively in FX I think some of the ECNs rebate you for providing liquidity, right? I'm not actually certain.
MB Trading has just started doing that I think (I don't trade forex though).

£3 is about $4.80, and you can definitely get less than that with IB. You have to do some size though, I think over 2500 round trips a month.

You could open a futures account with 5 grand, but in my opinion it would be a poor idea.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:21pm   #53
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
I wish!
I don't know of any retail traders who enjoy a deal as good as that. (I'm not saying there aren't any - I just don't know of any.) There might be a few iffy brokers out there offering rates this low - but none of the majors are, AFAIK. The only way to significantly reduce round trip charges I know of is through exchange membership but, obviously, there are costs involved with that.

This is where I get deluged with posts from loads of peeps saying they only pay $3.00 RT!

Tim.
Arabian was saying £ Tim, not $. $3 would be pretty sweet!

You can get a flat rate for all the major US index futures of $4.80 from Lions Futures, and that includes charting, data, all in (open e-cry).
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:41pm   #54
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazienza View Post
Arabian was saying £ Tim, not $. $3 would be pretty sweet!

You can get a flat rate for all the major US index futures of $4.80 from Lions Futures, and that includes charting, data, all in (open e-cry).
Hi Paz,
Yes, you're quite right. I was getting my £££s and $$$s muddled up. GBP £3.00 R/T is indeed very doable. USD $3.00 is a tough call.

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote