Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by DashRiprock i dont mean bout looking at a players "hand history" (watever that is) but just that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:41am   #316

Joined Jul 2007
Re: Why do they do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
i dont mean bout looking at a players "hand history" (watever that is) but just that it looks like there are lots of probabilities and "trade sizes" in poker and you can nearly always rely on the average person to get it all wrong?

so just have an expectancy based poker strategy based on the fact that most people are crap at gambling rationally?
This used to work great at low stakes- you could play mechanically because the standard was so poor and so you could play many more tables than the higher stakes games which required alot of intuition and table feel. SNG tourneys were even worse, basically there was a purely maths based way to beat them, which is why you could play 20 at once even without stats software.

This is all old information from when I used to play 3+ years ago, things have probably gotten much harder even at the low end now and in the SNGs.
BlackBison is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:59am   #317
Joined Jan 2011

well the only thing i know about online poker is watching my housemates do it from uni. i went to good uni but still they were bloody stupid at it.

so... but.... well look in trading you can make good trading from joining in on position squeezes which is basically the same as bluffing with the bigger bloke.

and trend following is basically trading from people all following each other like in gold.

but as well alot of people in trading know about the mind bits of it and also the maths and the stats of it.

if the average poker punter is just the same as the average ratil punter, it should be easy just to squeeze there beans for protif no?
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:12am   #318

Joined Feb 2010

is this guy full of zhit or what?.lol

Every internet trading company has to have some thing to say when asked why they teach and not just make money instead with their vast knowledge. Well here's this guys save the world typings. =]

My Mission

I believe that by working together we can eliminate Global Poverty by 2110. That gives us 100 years to get it done. Money is not finite. It is a man made commodity, which I feel should and can be available to all.

I plan to do my part to end Global Poverty by helping you, and OptionGenius.com members like you attain financial independence. When you are no longer worried about money or earning a living, it changes your life. It changes your attitude about life and the way you live your life. You will be happier, less stressed, more generous with your time and money, and these feelings and emotions will transfer to your spouse, your children, and those around you.

The more happy, wealthy people we have, the more funds we will have to help those that need the help most. Happy people help others. By helping you, I expect you to go out and help others by giving your time, your money, or both.

And when people are happy and well fed, they feel no need to take from others. They are slower to anger. They no longer are forced to join organizations they disagree with so their family can have enough to eat. By helping eliminate Global Poverty, we also further the cause of World Peace.

My favorite charity is The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). Their mandate is to help eliminate Global Poverty in the poorest areas of the world: Asia and Africa. By providing healthcare, education, infrastructure, and financial support they are changing lives everyday.

Here's my offer to you. If you donate $100 to AKF, I will spend 30 minutes on the phone with you talking about whatever you want: options, the markets, strategies, etc. Just forward me your donation receipt and we will schedule a time to talk.

To learn more and to donate please visit their website at:

http://www.partnershipsinaction.org/
Thank You!
The Option Genius
jetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:15am   #319
Joined Jan 2011

as wel anyone wants to donte to my Aga Kitchen Foundation it will be nice for me

Click the image to open in full size.
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:32am   #320

Joined Feb 2010

I would but a... Spatula city already hit me up!>
UHF - Town Talk, Spatula City
jetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:04am   #321

Joined Feb 2009

Why are people still going on about this. He said he played 5 million hands. Anyone with a brain knows that's crap without even having to do the numbers, and the timing. If I count beyond 10 I am already getting bored. Nobody counts to 5 million. He doesn't have a f*ing clue how many hands he's played. Nobody knows if they've done 5 million hands. It is all BS. So either he meant it loosely and was exaggerating, or he's a liar. Either way, the statement is BS and irrlevant. And there seems to be a lot of other stuff, in fact the majority, in this thread that is BS.
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:27am   #322
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakone View Post
Why are people still going on about this. He said he played 5 million hands. Anyone with a brain knows that's crap without even having to do the numbers, and the timing. If I count beyond 10 I am already getting bored. Nobody counts to 5 million. He doesn't have a f*ing clue how many hands he's played. Nobody knows if they've done 5 million hands. It is all BS. So either he meant it loosely and was exaggerating, or he's a liar. Either way, the statement is BS and irrlevant. And there seems to be a lot of other stuff, in fact the majority, in this thread that is BS.
on another thread there was a guy saying that he had traded the same strategy for over two years and had:

* traded with 0.8 - 1.4 % risk per trade
* not had a drawdown more than 2% over 2 years
+> means in the least he never had 3 losers in a row
* had 90 winers in a row
* is trading with 1:1 r:r
* has 5% chance of 3 losers over 50 trades

each of these claims are made by a certain individual on the website.

anyone that
a) actually knows what trading is like
b) yet to make profit but not stupid
c) capable of doing multplication
d) just normal?

will realise that this is 99.99999% chance bullsh!t.

but here theres people that only can speak about trading from what they learned from a book!
Thanks! The following members like this post: new_trader