Full time trading versus part time...

This is a discussion on Full time trading versus part time... within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; but having a backup as a job i really like....i said broker/dealer but i don't want to be stuck in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:55pm   #61
Joined May 2010
Re: Full time trading versus part time...

Chartsy started this thread but having a backup as a job i really like....i said broker/dealer but i don't want to be stuck in markets all day every day if i fail at trading. not sure really.

i'm smart and i can pretty much get straight As , i don't know what the most fun/happy job would be!
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:58pm   #62

Joined Dec 2008

Do you mean a profession other than trading that you can walk in and out of as you choose?

Pick a degree you like the sound of and will likely have legs (not media studies, etc), get yourself into a Russell Group University, have a laugh for 3 years, get a job you like the sound of do it for a few years, carry on trading in the background or do it as your main job.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:00pm   #63
Joined May 2010

Chartsy started this thread no , i mean a really fun job to have a career in, obviously trading is different as your hours are your choice
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:06pm   #64
Joined May 2010

Chartsy started this thread i'll have to see where i am at 18, i would be thinking differently if i was consistent. lol i'll leave it to then. a degree in something, im not sure if you can get a job stormchasing? if that could somehow be part of a job within geography/geology then it'd be fun as hell, my my i am naive
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:07pm   #65
Joined Mar 2009

Trading is pretty addictive, I am neglecting my business now but hey it is between Xmas and NY now so everyone is in zombie mode and I am also rather quiet so my employees must be wondering what is going on

I have vowed to trade the daily charts in the future because I do not want to neglect my bread and butter. Come Jan 3rd I am going to have a good 1 or 2 weeks kicking people's asses to make sure they know I am still around and on the ball. After that I will have some time for some research.

I love my business and I love trading. If I was stuck in some dead end job the perhaps I would think about trading full time but I would be pretty sure I was damn good first. Leaving your job in the hope of trading your way to financial freedom could be dangerous in a gamblers hands
Scalper_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:10pm   #66
Joined May 2010

Chartsy started this thread i'll see what happens, for now i will just improve trading and try and develop a life skill
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:13pm   #67

Joined Apr 2010

Do geology and something numerate and you could work for oil :S

could trade, make markets or do something more interesting like discovery

The worlds your oyster, pick what you want

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:14pm   #68
Joined May 2010

Chartsy started this thread i'll pick my nose
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:15pm   #69

Joined Apr 2010

be sure to eat what you find. Helps your immune system.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:16pm   #70
Joined May 2010

Chartsy started this thread seriously?