300% return on capital !

This is a discussion on 300% return on capital ! within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by masnachu Would it not be better to just not reply to these threads in the first place, ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:21am   #41
Joined Jan 2009
Re: 300% return on capital !

Quote:
Originally Posted by masnachu View Post
Would it not be better to just not reply to these threads in the first place, and let them die ?
You're absolutely right, I'm unsubscribing.. bye bye!!
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:28am   #42
Joined Nov 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

snorre101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
This question is specious and illogical. The inference is that successful trading precludes any free time whatsoever. You really are a silly little boy, aren't you? Don't you have some homework to do or something?
Specious is used out of context. You are trying to be clever, but you fail. Successful trading does not preclude spare time. My question was, dont you have anything better to do in your spare time?
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:28am   #43
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre101 View Post
One last question, If you are such successful traders, with supposedly some money to spent, and places to go, why do you spend so much time on this forum ?
That's a fair question.

I think we have partially answered that in this thread, but I'll indulge your question by answering it honestly from my own standpoint. Some of us enjoy learning and sharing what we know with others and helping others. It's in our DNA. If you don't have that "help others" gene you probably won't understand this motivation. Trading success gives us the time to indulge this passion.

Trading can be a lonely enterprise. I work from a home office and my wife works in a company office. Being on a forums offer some social interaction, albeit not face-to-face, that enriches our lives and hopefully enriches the lives of those with whom we correspond.

There are other less important reasons. However, if you "get-it" these examples should answer your question.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:29am   #44
Joined Nov 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

snorre101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
You're absolutely right, I'm unsubscribing.. bye bye!!
yeah, my homework is done.
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:37am   #45
Joined Nov 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

snorre101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
That's a fair question.

I think we have partially answered that in this thread, but I'll indulge your question by answering it honestly from my own standpoint. Some of us enjoy learning and sharing what we know with others and helping others. It's in our DNA. If you don't have that "help others" gene you probably won't understand this motivation. Trading success gives us the time to indulge this passion.

Trading can be a lonely enterprise. I work from a home office and my wife works in a company office. Being on a forums offer some social interaction, albeit not face-to-face, that enriches our lives and hopefully enriches the lives of those with whom we correspond.

There are other less important reasons. However, if you "get-it" these examples should answer your question.
My apologies then. I agree with what you say. My initial post was with the intent to get some reaction, to troll. Of course there is a lot of good advice on the forum, and we all need advice at some point, even super traders like myself, ( thats a joke, please stay calm everybody )
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:46am   #46
Joined Nov 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

snorre101 started this thread To all you negative people out there. My thread is the most popular. I am in first place, the first star ! ThankYou !

PS. The Troll is going to bed now. Probably the moderators will close the Troll's thread anyway.
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:49am   #47
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre101 View Post
To all you negative people out there. My thread is the most popular. I am in first place, the first star ! ThankYou !
I'm not familiar with how to rank a thread in popularity. However, when I click on "New Posts" it's usually near the top because it was posted to most recently.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:50am   #48
Joined Sep 2006
Re: 300% return on capital !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
You're absolutely right, I'm unsubscribing..
Bugger forgot about the emails

comment was just general one about these threads, not aimed at any one.
masnachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:56am   #49
Joined Nov 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

snorre101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
I'm not familiar with how to rank a thread in popularity. However, when I click on "New Posts" it's usually near the top because it was posted to most recently.
Thanks, I will keep posting then, so that masnachau, can keep under eye.
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 1:52am   #50
Joined May 2007
Re: 300% return on capital !

Damn why do the entertaining threads all happen when I am asleep?

And by the way snorre101 unless you post more details then all you are doing is trolling. Otherwise what is the point of the thread? No-one here believe that you have discovered the holy grail of trading after 45 days, especially as this has been a 45 day period when the stock markets have trended strongly and streadily upwards (depending on what you are trading).

One thing that you will find that of most successful traders is that they generally don't mind letting people know the basics of their system, in terms of markets, strategies (trend following, countertrend, scalping etc). There have been so many new posters recently that claim they have the market cracked after a few weeks having doubled their money etc. Almost none give any evidence and almost all soon disappear when their account blows up (with the exception of ODT who hasn't placed a live trade in his life).

Last edited by Shanghai; Nov 6, 2010 at 2:06am.
Shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are the Indices Total Return or Capital mikest Indices 3 Oct 30, 2009 12:47pm
Return of capital by spec. dividend raysor Stocks 1 Jun 17, 2009 2:29pm
Expected Return On Capital Query Greed Is Good Fixed Odds & Binary Betting 13 Feb 14, 2009 8:29pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)