The Little Circle

This is a discussion on The Little Circle within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Socrates, I will ask you a question. Do you think it is worth resurrecting the story about Quasimodo and how ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:30am   #9
 
CYOF's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
CYOF started this thread Socrates,

I will ask you a question.

Do you think it is worth resurrecting the story about Quasimodo and how he rings the Big Bell at the Notre Dame Cathedral?

Now, like yourself, I decided to not post any more in the How To think Correctly thread when it was moved to a location that states it has "absolutely nothing to do with trading", which must be, in my opinion, the most incorrect statement of this Century!

What do you think then, should I continue to assist people in learning what they need to learn, or do you think it will be treated as just more of the same old rubbish, which of course, it is not, and is in fact, far from rubbish, but as we well know, many will see it as rubbish, for many reasons that I have already stated.

Why do people continually look for the "can you please show me how to do it", instead of looking for the "can you please help me to understand how I can do it myself".

Has there really been no major improvements since 1580, when Montaigne clearly explained in his magnificent Essay, Of The Education Of Children that the way of educating children was, to say the least, not the most appropriate way to educate, and was destined to produce nothing but "so many asses laden with books", which would eventually lead to a "rat race".

For it is very hard to accept, that in over 426 years, the majority of people are still been educated in such a manner that does not allow them to utilise fully their creative thought process for the better of themselves, their families and future generations!

So, before I waste some more of my valuable time, what do you think?

Now, I am also thinking that if anyone is interested they might also post a reply, and voice their opinion, for if no replies are forthcoming, does this not imply that no one is interested!

Is this not a logical deduction!

Does it not make sense, that if someones wants to find out about something, they must ASK!

Why do so many expect to find out about something without asking - now this one really has me bewildered.

On the one hand we have many that wan't to ask, but will not ask, for reasons that I can not just understand?

Then, on the other hand, we have a small number, that continue to put out useless information, that is based on nothing but Inspiration, and is not backed up by any Facts what so ever!

Maybe I am mad, but if I am, then I can assure you that I am glad that I am mad.

For, I would much prefer to be mad and educate myself with that which I must know, so that I will always act in my own best interests, much more so than to go with the flow of the ridiculous way of thinking that has stemmed from the many Generations of incorrect teaching that was rightly identified as rubbish by Montaigne in 1580!!!!

Socrates, your thoughts please, although, I am already anticipating your answer.

Thank You.
CYOF is offline  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:04am   #10
 
jiggly's Avatar
Joined Mar 2005
I am interested,

I have been a fan of these type of threads, as I like to class myself as a deep thinker, only relying upon oneself to deduce an answer from parallel thinking, any more threads like these in my opinion are well worth the read and welcome anywhere on these boards,

soc - 'journey from the basement' is genius, can you do another like this

any smilar threads like this will have my undivided attention,
jiggly is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:32am   #11
 
SOCRATES's Avatar
Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggly
I am interested,

I have been a fan of these type of threads, as I like to class myself as a deep thinker, only relying upon oneself to deduce an answer from parallel thinking, any more threads like these in my opinion are well worth the read and welcome anywhere on these boards,

soc - 'journey from the basement' is genius, can you do another like this

any smilar threads like this will have my undivided attention,
I am doing a practical thread on writing naked index options...LIVE....if you are interested.

Plain Vanilla Option Trades, the thread is called. Have a look.

Enjoy !
SOCRATES is offline  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 1:01pm   #12
 
CYOF's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
CYOF started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggly
I am interested,

I have been a fan of these type of threads, as I like to class myself as a deep thinker, only relying upon oneself to deduce an answer from parallel thinking, any more threads like these in my opinion are well worth the read and welcome anywhere on these boards,

soc - 'journey from the basement' is genius, can you do another like this

any smilar threads like this will have my undivided attention,
Thank you jiggly,

I am glad to see that we have at least one person, out of +66,000 interested!

Now, let us see how many more are not afraid to speak what is on their mind - for it is indeed the only way to learn anything of true value.

As a matter of interest jiggly, did you read my Quasimodo story about the Big Bell, and if you did, what do you think I am talking about?

For, I was indeed surprised that no one was able to mention the very simple thing that is a well known common FACT!

So, as a follow up, I will post the story here again when a few more show interest - providing it has not been deleted, that is - as this now seems to be the Story Thread, and let us see how many are prepared to think for themselves, or do the majority still wan't to listen to endless Inspirational talk from nothing but self Egos - and to make it even worse, no sign of any Facts whatsoever, to even lend the slightest bit of Truth to the many Inspired words.
CYOF is offline  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 6:37pm   #13
 
jiggly's Avatar
Joined Mar 2005
I havent read the story, i would very much like to if you could direct me to it, in the meantime, or ill wait until you post it here as you have mentioned.

keep up the good work guys, I realise that some of your material has taken great effort to produce and is very advanced, some of it goes over my head and maybe others too, (this could be why there isnt the kind of following as you would like to expect), until I have a realisation some way along the line and I instantly remember to go back and re-read for further clarification and a more profound 'ah-ha' moment,

Kindest regards
jiggly is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:03pm   #14
 
CYOF's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
Ding - Dong - Ding

CYOF started this thread Well jiggly, seen as how you ASKED -here it is.

Ding - Dong - Ding

Ok, LouDean has told me to post the following:

Socrates gave a hint regarding Ding – Dong – Ding.

We are nearly 100% confident that this means a bell.

Now, we are going to show how a simple little exercise, can be of great value, if the concept is adopted and used by the individual. Here we go!

There is a very BIG BELL in the Notre Dame Cathedral, and this bell is rang by a person who goes by the name of Quasimodo.

It just so happens, that LouDean, been the magical little fellow that he is, knows that Quasimodo holds a little secret, OR TWO.

LouDean is prepared to divulge ONE of the little secrets that Quasimodo will not share. The secret is as follows:

The big HUMP on Quasimodo’s back, is in fact, not really a HUMP, but it is actually a POT OF GOLD.

So, we now know that Quasimodo carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, each and every day.

We also know that Quasimodo rings this BELL louder, twice per day, than any other times. And LouDean has told me that this first loud ring, yes, you guessed it, just happens to be @ 09:30 New York time.

But, LouDean has also told me that we need to be careful, as Quasimodo does not like been disturbed when he is ringing the bell, but, and this, is truly a gem, once Quasimodo has rang the bell, he is deafened for a certain period of time.

Now, if we know that Quasimodo is deafened, for a period of time after ringing the bell, and we also know that he carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, is it not possible for us to sneak up on Quasimodo and steal some of his GOLD!

But, LouDean, been the magical little man he is, also knows that in order to get SOME GOLD, all you have to do is touch the hump on Quasimodo’s back, you do not have to knock him down, or anything like that.

Also, he has told me to say the following; we should not despair if we do not get to touch Quasimodo when he is deafened, for when he returns to ring the bell for the second loud ring, which just happens to be at 16:00 NYT, then, he is so much bloated by his gorging during the day, that he is also vulnerable to been touched, but this time he is not deafened, he is in fact singing out loud, which has the same effect as him been deafened, and we can also sneak up on him and touch that hump on his back.

And this is where LouDean says we need to be very careful, for if we touch Quasimodo in the morning, and then try to touch him again in the evening, we might be in for a big surprise, because, when a POT OF GOLD is touched twice in the one day it has the magical power of taking back all the GOLD that it gave up in the morning, and this is a real gem, for LouDean, has told me that this happens each and every day, but, even after telling many, over many years, the POT OF GOLD seems to be always full, and that is the reason why.

Hmm, very interesting LouDean, thank you for that, Do you mind If I tell the readers some additional information, “By all means CYOF, but remember, you Know Nothing About Anything” and you only ever write what I tell you, so I think you will be better off to shut up”.

Ok LouDean, you are of course, correct again. I will shut up.
************************************************** *****************

Regards,
CYOF is offline  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:13pm   #15
 
SOCRATES's Avatar
Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggly
I havent read the story, i would very much like to if you could direct me to it, in the meantime, or ill wait until you post it here as you have mentioned.

keep up the good work guys, I realise that some of your material has taken great effort to produce and is very advanced, some of it goes over my head and maybe others too, (this could be why there isnt the kind of following as you would like to expect), until I have a realisation some way along the line and I instantly remember to go back and re-read for further clarification and a more profound 'ah-ha' moment,

Kindest regards
Yes, many of these priceless wisdoms have to be written in code unfortunately, but there is a handful of us who know exactly what everything means. You just have to have an affinity for solving puzzles...and then everything becomes obvious...but fot it to be so, some effort is required you see....and not a great hardship if you are a thinker.
SOCRATES is offline  
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:23pm   #16
 
andycan's Avatar
Joined Oct 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYOF
Well jiggly, seen as how you ASKED -here it is.

Ding - Dong - Ding

Ok, LouDean has told me to post the following:

Socrates gave a hint regarding Ding – Dong – Ding.

We are nearly 100% confident that this means a bell.

Now, we are going to show how a simple little exercise, can be of great value, if the concept is adopted and used by the individual. Here we go!

There is a very BIG BELL in the Notre Dame Cathedral, and this bell is rang by a person who goes by the name of Quasimodo.

It just so happens, that LouDean, been the magical little fellow that he is, knows that Quasimodo holds a little secret, OR TWO.

LouDean is prepared to divulge ONE of the little secrets that Quasimodo will not share. The secret is as follows:

The big HUMP on Quasimodo’s back, is in fact, not really a HUMP, but it is actually a POT OF GOLD.

So, we now know that Quasimodo carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, each and every day.

We also know that Quasimodo rings this BELL louder, twice per day, than any other times. And LouDean has told me that this first loud ring, yes, you guessed it, just happens to be @ 09:30 New York time.

But, LouDean has also told me that we need to be careful, as Quasimodo does not like been disturbed when he is ringing the bell, but, and this, is truly a gem, once Quasimodo has rang the bell, he is deafened for a certain period of time.

Now, if we know that Quasimodo is deafened, for a period of time after ringing the bell, and we also know that he carries a POT OF GOLD on his back, is it not possible for us to sneak up on Quasimodo and steal some of his GOLD!

But, LouDean, been the magical little man he is, also knows that in order to get SOME GOLD, all you have to do is touch the hump on Quasimodo’s back, you do not have to knock him down, or anything like that.

Also, he has told me to say the following; we should not despair if we do not get to touch Quasimodo when he is deafened, for when he returns to ring the bell for the second loud ring, which just happens to be at 16:00 NYT, then, he is so much bloated by his gorging during the day, that he is also vulnerable to been touched, but this time he is not deafened, he is in fact singing out loud, which has the same effect as him been deafened, and we can also sneak up on him and touch that hump on his back.

And this is where LouDean says we need to be very careful, for if we touch Quasimodo in the morning, and then try to touch him again in the evening, we might be in for a big surprise, because, when a POT OF GOLD is touched twice in the one day it has the magical power of taking back all the GOLD that it gave up in the morning, and this is a real gem, for LouDean, has told me that this happens each and every day, but, even after telling many, over many years, the POT OF GOLD seems to be always full, and that is the reason why.

Hmm, very interesting LouDean, thank you for that, Do you mind If I tell the readers some additional information, “By all means CYOF, but remember, you Know Nothing About Anything” and you only ever write what I tell you, so I think you will be better off to shut up”.

Ok LouDean, you are of course, correct again. I will shut up.
************************************************** *****************

Regards,
if i may add
he also takes a lunch break when he comes back, tummy full sometimes he is in the mood to pretend to be deaf or to sing depends on the day
__________________
andycan

The real mystery of life is not a problem to be solved, it is a reality to be experienced
andycan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circle Oil Plc How long will Oil last... Day-to-day Stocks 1 Apr 25, 2007 1:09pm
The Little Circle:Moderation barjon T2W Feedback & Announcements 26 Feb 2, 2007 10:57am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)