UK Politics

This is a discussion on UK Politics within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by counter_violent Accommodating cultural beliefs takes priority over common sense safety precautions. Perhaps the wooly Liberals can explain ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:07pm   #376
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post


Accommodating cultural beliefs takes priority over common sense safety precautions.

Perhaps the wooly Liberals can explain how this makes sense.

What next, Accommodating Sharia Law so as not to offend the minority....

Agreed. 200%.

I would go further and say state all religions need to be put in room 101 and flushed down the toilet.

Sick and tired of religious nuts dictating what is allowed and what not.


As long as individual practice does not impose or impact on other peoples lives that's fine. However, this kind of sh1t needs to be stopped.



fwiw Ireland and the abortion law coupled with plans to make the oldest profession illegal in the US are point examples?

Religious twits telling other people how to live. About time we stopped this God delusion.


Fear the lord and his damnation for you shall burn in the fires of hell for what you do?

or... alternatively...

Do as we say and God will love you and allow you to enter his kingdom, but only after you sod off this World first. I haven't seen it but it's based on your stupid faith believing in sh1t that doesn't exist.



__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:30pm   #377
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
A sad day for the Paras.
Attached Thumbnails
eu-paras.png  
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:27pm   #378
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
Which nutters are voting for this tribe?

Labour NEC candidate with most votes celebrated Iranian revolution
https://dailym.ai/2PBMh0r
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:24am   #379
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Labour seem to be going quite balmy these days.
__________________
Everyone is an actor.

Let your hero loose.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:50pm   #380
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
Skripal.

Is it me, or does it feel like we are being led down a 'we must go to war with Iraq' type of scenario, but the war is with the Ruskies this time. "All the evidence indicates that..., the intelligence assessment indicates that...." Russia did it?

Even the BBC hasn't quite stepped over the certainty line and is keeping it at allegations and "almost certainly" line. Are we in danger that, once again, a British Prime Minister is deliberately misleading us on, or is naive enough to believe the 'evidence' presented to her and base decisions on?

Many unanswered questions, not enough confirmation for my liking.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:09pm   #381
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Skripal.

Is it me, or does it feel like we are being led down a 'we must go to war with Iraq' type of scenario, but the war is with the Ruskies this time. "All the evidence indicates that..., the intelligence assessment indicates that...." Russia did it?

Even the BBC hasn't quite stepped over the certainty line and is keeping it at allegations and "almost certainly" line. Are we in danger that, once again, a British Prime Minister is deliberately misleading us on, or is naive enough to believe the 'evidence' presented to her and base decisions on?

Many unanswered questions, not enough confirmation for my liking.
I understand where you are coming from but hesitate to believe that even TM would be so stupid. I think that she is taking some courage in the fact that Amigo Trump is supporting her accusations----to suit his own ends, of course.

This is something that will always be denied by Russia so it can never be proved. It will be just one more hitch in Anglo-Russian relations.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:27pm   #382
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I understand where you are coming from but hesitate to believe that even TM would be so stupid. I think that she is taking some courage in the fact that Amigo Trump is supporting her accusations----to suit his own ends, of course.

This is something that will always be denied by Russia so it can never be proved. It will be just one more hitch in Anglo-Russian relations.
It just seems odd that 2 professional spetnatz type assassins would so overtly travel to Britain and smear a door handle with military grade Novichok, only for the stuff not to work and for the mission to not be completed. They either are not GRU trained or total Boris's.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:35pm   #383
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
It just seems odd that 2 professional spetnatz type assassins would so overtly travel to Britain and smear a door handle with military grade Novichok, only for the stuff not to work and for the mission to not be completed. They either are not GRU trained or total Boris's.
That's an angle that I had not thought of!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:47pm   #384
 
sminicooper's Avatar
Joined Jun 2016
Theresa - a character reference?

Read this in the comments column on another site – I thought they were being rather a bit too sympathetic

"Much as with Blair, you can perceive the character of May by her choice of people with whom to surround herself as well as by what she says and does. It shows May up as a thin-skinned, authoritarian, deceitful, mendacious, selfishly ambitious, stubborn and intellectually-challenged bully who is totally outside of her narrow zone of competence. Poor, poor Britain for being lumbered with its worst leader in living memory when it is treading its most difficult path in 80 years. Perhaps this is some kind of divine judgement."
__________________
We are defined by our past!
sminicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:24pm   #385
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
It just seems odd that 2 professional spetnatz type assassins would so overtly travel to Britain and smear a door handle with military grade Novichok, only for the stuff not to work and for the mission to not be completed. They either are not GRU trained or total Boris's.
Well it worked in killing some unknowns but what I'm surprised about considering they quaranteed most of Salisbury, that no animals were killed in the process.

The most leathal toxin applied all over the place and what with animals most acute sense of smell sight and sound capability I would have expected at least a few more curious animals to take a whiff to see what the stuff was???

Not even a dead fly or butterfly?

Many things don't add up.

Police officer also survived.

I suspect it was the French.

Bear in mind Russia has enemies and in the spook world before the World Cup not unreasonable for Russia's enemies to try something like this.


Don't know if you recall but prior to 9/11 and nuclear grade stuff bought from Africa shiite there was talk of envelopes with lethal white substance sent in US. Nothing came of it and occurance dissapeared as quickly as it arose.


Make believe world that we live in, who knows???


Trust no one!
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S

Last edited by Atilla; Sep 6, 2018 at 10:37pm.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:27pm   #386
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post
Read this in the comments column on another site – I thought they were being rather a bit too sympathetic

"Much as with Blair, you can perceive the character of May by her choice of people with whom to surround herself as well as by what she says and does. It shows May up as a thin-skinned, authoritarian, deceitful, mendacious, selfishly ambitious, stubborn and intellectually-challenged bully who is totally outside of her narrow zone of competence. Poor, poor Britain for being lumbered with its worst leader in living memory when it is treading its most difficult path in 80 years. Perhaps this is some kind of divine judgement."

You Brexiteers will soon get your divine judgement alright...


If only Farage was in charge. He trully is the man to lead us out of this plight we find our selves in.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:54pm   #387
 
sminicooper's Avatar
Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You Brexiteers will soon get your divine judgement alright...


If only Farage was in charge. He trully is the man to lead us out of this plight we find our selves in.
With the present crew manning the ship I'm starting to think that you might be right!
__________________
We are defined by our past!
sminicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:45pm   #388
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
EU is properly screwed and Sunday when the Swedes vote will be another nail in the coffin for the project that nobody wants.

Oh well....tick tock tick tock.....it takes as long as it takes, but there is only one destination.
__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:00pm   #389
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
EU is properly screwed and Sunday when the Swedes vote will be another nail in the coffin for the project that nobody wants.

Oh well....tick tock tick tock.....it takes as long as it takes, but there is only one destination.

Sweden going to screw EU!!! Really??? That's like a flea on a dogs ****


You really are a dreamer aren't you.



__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:00pm   #390
 
Signalcalc's Avatar
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Well it worked in killing some unknowns but what I'm surprised about considering they quaranteed most of Salisbury, that no animals were killed in the process.

The most leathal toxin applied all over the place and what with animals most acute sense of smell sight and sound capability I would have expected at least a few more curious animals to take a whiff to see what the stuff was???

Not even a dead fly or butterfly?

Many things don't add up.

Police officer also survived.

I suspect it was the French.

Bear in mind Russia has enemies and in the spook world before the World Cup not unreasonable for Russia's enemies to try something like this.


Don't know if you recall but prior to 9/11 and nuclear grade stuff bought from Africa shiite there was talk of envelopes with lethal white substance sent in US. Nothing came of it and occurance dissapeared as quickly as it arose.


Make believe world that we live in, who knows???


Trust no one!
Yes, and did you notice the full scale NBC quarantine around the London hotel where they stayed a couple of nights and found traces of Novichok? And don't forget that they are going to dump all the trains and the aircraft they used in some Cotswolds landfill, not forgetting the cordoning off of Gatwick and Heathrow because of the safety risk to the public, all that headline news you haven't missed yet?

It's almost as if someone is playing tricks on the UK at the expense of some has-been double agent and a few others no-one cares about.
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish politics Splitlink The Foyer 5 Dec 22, 2015 11:08am
Politics Trumping Economics traderchild The Foyer 0 Sep 30, 2013 10:12pm
Ooeerr a little bit of politics there nunrgguy General Trading Chat 13 Apr 30, 2010 3:49pm
Party Politics... findlay234 General Trading Chat 27 Apr 17, 2010 3:36am
Politics chump The Foyer 7 Oct 26, 2004 11:06am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)