Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Kaeso Absolutely! what a fool. I didn't need to read beyond this filth: The Lib Dem leader ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:26am   #5221

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Absolutely! what a fool. I didn't need to read beyond this filth:

The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink. And it was their votes on one wet day in June which crushed the hopes and aspirations of young people for years to come"

If Uncle Vince had been a Conservative Euro-sceptic, the Thought Police would probably have come for him by now and had him locked up for Racism!

Meanwhile he's still free to peddle his nonsense - but thankfully, it's a free country and he's entitled to his views. John Stuart Mill would have been proud.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:22pm   #5222

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post

Meanwhile he's still free to peddle his nonsense - but thankfully, it's a free country and he's entitled to his views. John Stuart Mill would have been proud.
Interesting. I had you down for more of an Ayn Randy

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:56pm   #5223
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post

I think John Stuart Mill has just turned in his grave:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-media...164954668.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03...ism-islam.html
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:02pm   #5224

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread Italy’s Post-Election Mess Laid Bare in Day of Chaos and Clashes

Not so good for the Italian markets. I'm sure they must all be wondering what they have done and where it'll all lead to?

Let's stop and think about this for one short minute.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:58pm   #5225
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Italy’s Post-Election Mess Laid Bare in Day of Chaos and Clashes

Not so good for the Italian markets. I'm sure they must all be wondering what they have done and where it'll all lead to?

What's your point caller? Which emergency service would you like.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:06am   #5226

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Italy’s Post-Election Mess Laid Bare in Day of Chaos and Clashes

Up to a point Lord Copper:

Being foreign, the Italians not only speak funny but have strange manners and customs too. Politics there is more of a sport (or a pass-time) than the endless grim mutual recriminations of BritPol. The Italians understand their game and the fact that there probably won't be a functioning government for a while (or that the new one will push the number of governments since the war to something over 60) does not mean that the world will end for them. Quite the contrary, despite what the rest of the world might think, in Italy it's just more of the same. When the media get bored then we'll go back to fretting about the current independence movement on Anglesey and the Italians will continue making excellent coffee and doing what Italians do.

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:05pm   #5228

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantagril View Post
Up to a point Lord Copper:

Being foreign, the Italians not only speak funny but have strange manners and customs too. Politics there is more of a sport (or a pass-time) than the endless grim mutual recriminations of BritPol. The Italians understand their game and the fact that there probably won't be a functioning government for a while (or that the new one will push the number of governments since the war to something over 60) does not mean that the world will end for them. Quite the contrary, despite what the rest of the world might think, in Italy it's just more of the same. When the media get bored then we'll go back to fretting about the current independence movement on Anglesey and the Italians will continue making excellent coffee and doing what Italians do.
If South North divide n political deviations werent enough we have rise of left right ideologies.

Cooking pot full of all kinda pasta too.

Lots jubilation followed by more uncertainty and factions for business to thrive or decline in.

Let's all party.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:55pm   #5229
Joined May 2016
Quote:
These kind of attacks are increasing.

Very sad story indeed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43413487

Consequences of Brexit post referendum.

Sad ugly face of latent evil.

Passed out
Miss Moustafa's uncle told the BBC he believed a group of about 10 girls had started beating his niece before she ran to get on a bus.

He said the girls kept beating her until she passed out and a man intervened to help.

Her younger sister, Mallak Moustafa, said her sibling told her how the attack unfolded before she went into a coma.

"My sister couldn't see as she'd been hit in the head but then as soon as she saw our bus coming, she ran to it, trying to get on it," she said.

"She got on to the bus, she didn't think they'd all pay £1 to get on but they went up to her when she'd sat down and said they weren't finished with her.

"Then the girls kept saying punch her more, punch her more. Then she couldn't see what was going on."

A very sad attack and a waste of a young life.

I'm failing to see how this is a result of the Brexit referendum though, not a mention of Brexit in the report and the Police are keeping an open mind but don't believe it is racially or hate motivated, nor do they mention who the suspected perps are other than a group of about 10 girls.

How are you making the link to Brexit and what do you mean when you state 'these kind of attacks', what kind of attack is it Att?
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:33am   #5230

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread More bad news...

Aloof British government helped steer Unilever to Rotterdam

Not many jobs going with this move but still why the change?

UK policy on hostile take overs seem to be one key reason. We've had this many times before.

Instead of protecting key industries UK can't wait to sell them off because it is good for what or whom exactly?

https://www.ft.com/content/7a85ee0a-...e-cc62a39d57a0

Unilever’s road to Rotterdam — the site chosen for its new single legal base — began with a hostile takeover bid from Kraft Heinz, in the chaotic aftermath of the Brexit vote.

Paul Polman, Unilever’s Dutch chief executive, was to describe $143bn shock approach from the US company, as “a near-death experience”.*

Yet none of this seemed to matter much to the UK government.

Same bunch of clowns who trumpet free markets will tell you these kinds of buy outs are good for the country. Think chocolates, pottery and glass. World giants sold off and now doing well in other countries.

Bunch of highly rich and well educated morons imho.

Beware of fake real news and who's arguing for national interest is all I can say. Look at the facts and what's happening on the ground.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:52pm   #5231
Joined May 2016
Question is, what is the link between Skripal and Brexit?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:59am   #5232
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Question is, what is the link between Skripal and Brexit?
Well Sig', your question may be rhetorical and in jest but there are those who would argue (not me, needless to say) that Britain's decision to leave the EU makes it isolated and, as such, vulnerable. Theoretically, we can no longer rely upon our EU allies to support us in our dealings with Russia which gives Putin and his ilk carte blanche to do pretty much whatever they like. So yes, there will be some remainers who will make the link and, furthermore, postulate that the attack on Sergei and Yulia Skripal would not have have happened if we'd done the 'right' and 'sensible' thing and voted to stay in the EU.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:48am   #5233

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Well Sig', your question may be rhetorical and in jest but there are those who would argue (not me, needless to say) that Britain's decision to leave the EU makes it isolated and, as such, vulnerable. Theoretically, we can no longer rely upon our EU allies to support us in our dealings with Russia which gives Putin and his ilk carte blanche to do pretty much whatever they like. So yes, there will be some remainers who will make the link and, furthermore, postulate that the attack on Sergei and Yulia Skripal would not have have happened if we'd done the 'right' and 'sensible' thing and voted to stay in the EU.
Tim.
If future "support" from the EU members turns out to be anything like that during Nato's history against the Soviet bloc then it'll probably be quite worthless - all talk , no action, no money! The European support against Comrade Vlad so far has been surprisingly strong - but talk is easy!

With Agent Cob & his mates here to make Vlad look like the nice guy anything could happen.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:05pm   #5234

Joined Feb 2012
This interview gives a slightly different angle to the big bad Putin, is he being played like a puppet by the real Russian warlords ? Im in no doubt he is corrupt to the core along with the other 99% of his Kremlin buddies....Dangerous man fronting an aggressive regime.

mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:15pm   #5235
Joined Nov 2001
Tim, I'm a Remainer but I do not believe that Putin is doing this because of any isolation caused by Brexit. He has been taking the **** out of the US, too, and they are a very formidable nation to oppose.

This is another international incident, just like many, and I am too old, myself, to be worried by it.

I am convinced that we are all going to blow ourselves to hell, sooner or later, anyway.

This could be a terrorist group out to cause trouble between the great powers. Nerve gas? Saddam Hussein killed thousands of Kurds with it, years ago. I'd say that it was, pretty much, old hat.

Last edited by Splitlink; Mar 17, 2018 at 7:21pm.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote

« Boxing | - »