Climate Change

This is a discussion on Climate Change within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Just watched on the BBC Kazakhistan is embarking on a new Renewable Energy Program. http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/kazak...-energy-quest/ The Energy Minister hopes to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:59pm   #25

Joined Nov 2006
Just watched on the BBC Kazakhistan is embarking on a new Renewable Energy Program.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/kazak...-energy-quest/

The Energy Minister hopes to replace coal with clean energies. What a breath of fresh air compared to other nations policies.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:43pm   #26

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Just watched on the BBC Kazakhistan is embarking on a new Renewable Energy Program.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/05/kazak...-energy-quest/

The Energy Minister hopes to replace coal with clean energies. What a breath of fresh air compared to other nations policies.
Got more sense than Dump and his followers !
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:54pm   #27
Joined Feb 2002
A further theory - Trump's apparent scepticism re global warming is a signal to his conservative Christian supporters. They are very sceptical, and their number includes Christian scientists (apparently there can be such a thing) who are perhaps the last qualified people to oppose the theory that global warming is man-made.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:06pm   #29

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
A further theory - Trump's apparent scepticism re global warming is a signal to his conservative Christian supporters. They are very sceptical, and their number includes Christian scientists (apparently there can be such a thing) who are perhaps the last qualified people to oppose the theory that global warming is man-made.
The biggest objection from conservatives stems from the fact that fixing all of this would cost money. In addition, evangelicals believe that the Rapture is just around the corner, so why bother? And it's all part of God's plan anyway.

Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:39pm   #30
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
The biggest objection from conservatives stems from the fact that fixing all of this would cost money. In addition, evangelicals believe that the Rapture is just around the corner, so why bother? And it's all part of God's plan anyway.

Exactly. The evangelical movement isn't known or understood over there, maybe not in Europe either. It only clicked for me when I saw that the flat-earthers are committed Christians, not just potty elderly eccentrics.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:28pm   #31

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Exactly. The evangelical movement isn't known or understood over there, maybe not in Europe either. It only clicked for me when I saw that the flat-earthers are committed Christians, not just potty elderly eccentrics.
What do they say about those pictures of Earth from Space?

I suppose there must be lots of demand for moving movies like this one.

Last edited by Atilla; Jun 18, 2017 at 5:42pm.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:44pm   #32
Joined Feb 2002
NASA conspiracy. Like the moon landings.