Climate Change

This is a discussion on Climate Change within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Atilla Well a dangerous thought struck me on Thursday... Read newspaper headlines - Heatwave strikes UK for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 7, 2018, 3:04pm   #211

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Well a dangerous thought struck me on Thursday...

Read newspaper headlines - Heatwave strikes UK for may Bank Holiday.

As one would expect reading a little further into the small print 19C

That's a heat wave!!!!

I dunno maybe you have a point Brumby

Not worried I've got shades on

Uh oh!!!

Maybe they were right.

Early May Bank Holiday Monday heat record broken

I've got my shades on. Enjoying the bees and butterflies flying all over the place.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:09pm   #212
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Uh oh!!!

Maybe they were right.

Early May Bank Holiday Monday heat record broken

I've got my shades on. Enjoying the bees and butterflies flying all over the place.
I heard that London Airport had 26º, yesterday. That's good going, whichever way you look at it. Don't forget to drink plenty of water.

And stop moaning and enjoy it. The weather, I mean--not the water!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old May 19, 2018, 1:31pm   #213

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
I know a long march starts with but a single step, but when you are examine changes to the earth that take place over billions of years data stretching from 1975 is worth near to zilch.

I do agree with you, though, that we might as well assume that humankind is impacting adversely on the planet (not just climate change). Logic suggests that the extent of human activity must be affecting the natural balance so it’s right to tackle it. Easy for those who can afford to do so, however, but try convincing those who are desperately trying to catch-up.
Couples MUST agree to only have 2 children per pair. The current 10 or more in some countries and religions is unsustaiable.

I was interested to see there are scientists growing coral in labs that are more resistant to climate warming and then planting bits of them, on reefs that have been killed.

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 5:03pm   #214

Joined Oct 2015
EVERY issue of human existence is not about money (capitalsim) . There's humanity (you know, humane ), and keeping the planet's resources viable and abundant. Not to mention, where will you spend your millions/billions if the planet is a wasteland?

I think when it comes to man-made climate change dismissing the science a seriously flawed (while accepting the science of natural climate cycles) is FLAWED LOGIC. They are both the fruits of science, don't get to pick and chose which is "convenient" for your personal or national economic policy
Old May 21, 2018, 5:36pm   #215
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
EVERY issue of human existence is not about money (capitalsim) . There's humanity (you know, humane ), and keeping the planet's resources viable and abundant. Not to mention, where will you spend your millions/billions if the planet is a wasteland?

I think when it comes to man-made climate change dismissing the science a seriously flawed (while accepting the science of natural climate cycles) is FLAWED LOGIC. They are both the fruits of science, don't get to pick and chose which is "convenient" for your personal or national economic policy
But the clever, smart guys know how to adapt. The big, global companies are working on the future and we, the ordinary people, are still talking about whether it is happening, or not.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 5:53pm   #216

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
But the clever, smart guys know how to adapt. The big, global companies are working on the future and we, the ordinary people, are still talking about whether it is happening, or not.
who is working on the future clean energy? who is opposing it? should have been started with earnest few decades..