Telephone Scams

This is a discussion on Telephone Scams within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; I have been pestered for the past two weeks by a company called KNOBEL-LYNCH. They have a nice website and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:18pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Telephone Scams

I have been pestered for the past two weeks by a company called KNOBEL-LYNCH. They have a nice website and they keep calling saying that there will be a wonderful opportunity to invest in something allied to the BP Oil problem in Alaska. Has anyone had any dealings with these people either positive or negative?
bazza1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 8:05pm   #2

Joined Feb 2005
check the boiler room scams thread. sounds like a scam judging by the impressive sounding name and the offering based on some whimsical fundamental news

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:20pm   #3

7 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Smile keep clear

these guys are being talked about all over as aboiler room scam selling royal petrolieum at all cost stay away. check other sites .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza1950 View Post
I have been pestered for the past two weeks by a company called KNOBEL-LYNCH. They have a nice website and they keep calling saying that there will be a wonderful opportunity to invest in something allied to the BP Oil problem in Alaska. Has anyone had any dealings with these people either positive or negative?
kb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2007, 12:53pm   #4

Joined Jul 2007
Used to get boiler rooms keep calling me because I owned shares in a number of different companies. They stopped when I kept replying, "I used to have money to invest but I spent it all on a Ferrari."

Now I get Nigerians asking if I want to sell my Ferrari to them. Something about a shipping agent, a cheque for £10k more than it's worth and no need for them to check the car over.