This is a discussion on Profile within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; I possibly need to underline that my originating post was not a personal statement of fact: I phrased it in ...

View Poll Results: To what extent does the following apply to you (blind/anonymous poll)
Applies 100% 0 0%
Applies 80-99% 3 30.00%
Applies 50-79% 0 0%
Applies 35-49% 3 30.00%
Applies less than 35% 4 40.00%
Doesn't apply at all 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:24pm   #9
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Profile

TheBramble started this thread I possibly need to underline that my originating post was not a personal statement of fact: I phrased it in the 1st person in order to facilitate each individual’s immediate response to it as a statement of truth/falsehood or any of those locations along that spectrum as provided in the multi-choice response.

I was (and am) keen to discover if there are many above the 50% level that are not or do not consider themselves to be situated anywhere statistically significant on the autistic/Asperger’s spectrum.

Personally, a little OCD, ADD and psychosis can go a long way if channelled appropriately…even further if you position yourself in a nice high bell tower with top-quality sight and a high-velocity sniper’s rifle.

Anyone ever been so passionate about something that they didn’t need to remember to motivate themselves about it and get what they want without realising they were sick as a dog psychologically? Apparently.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:53pm   #10

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
I possibly need to underline that my originating post was not a personal statement of fact: I phrased it in the 1st person in order to facilitate each individual’s immediate response to it as a statement of truth/falsehood or any of those locations along that spectrum as provided in the multi-choice response.

I was (and am) keen to discover if there are many above the 50% level that are not or do not consider themselves to be situated anywhere statistically significant on the autistic/Asperger’s spectrum.

Personally, a little OCD, ADD and psychosis can go a long way if channelled appropriately…even further if you position yourself in a nice high bell tower with top-quality sight and a high-velocity sniper’s rifle.

Anyone ever been so passionate about something that they didn’t need to remember to motivate themselves about it and get what they want without realising they were sick as a dog psychologically? Apparently.

If a person does have this/these conditions not many are likely to know as diagnoses is difficult for the outsider and almost impossible for the subject. If you live with one you may get to notice strange behaviour from the norm.

Then one starts to challenge what is the norm and if what one is observing is simply and outlier.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:02pm   #11
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread Yes. In response to a PM asking if it's OK to vote twice if you're bi-polar.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:03pm   #12
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread No. In response to a PM asking if it was OK to keep on voting if you're OCD.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:04pm   #13
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread Possibly. In response to all the PMs I haven't had from those with ADD.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:13pm   #14

Joined Jan 2004

You havent replied to my PM about voting if I have dyslexia?
Thanks, TheBarmpot.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:23pm   #15
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendie View Post
You havent replied to my PM about voting if I have dyslexia?
Thanks, TheBarmpot.
My aplogies. I did respond, but by mistake to your MP.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:56pm   #16

Joined Nov 2006

Interesting article re:Autism and the increase for anyone interested.

Antidepressants in water trigger autism genes in fish - environment - 06 June 2012 - New Scientist
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote