Usdjpy trend

This is a discussion on Usdjpy trend within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Anyone got long term analysis for usdjpy? After the FOMC meeting yesterday 21st March 2018, the dollar seem to have ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:55am   #1
Joined May 2010
Usdjpy trend

Anyone got long term analysis for usdjpy? After the FOMC meeting yesterday 21st March 2018, the dollar seem to have been sold down and usdjpy trending downwards. Further insight into this will help.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:10am   #2
Joined Mar 2018
Click the image to open in full size.

daily
My market view.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:37pm   #3
Joined May 2012
In the past few days, the word was out that the White House plans to impose some form of tariffs on China to the tune of $60 billion. The strategy would have been to short yen pairs and in particular USDJPY and AUDJPY because the expectation would be safe haven flows.

As of time of writing, news just came out that McMaster is out and that means further opportunities to short yen pairs.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:56am   #4
Joined Apr 2014
Usdjpy

The Dollar just keeps dropping against the Yen as shown on the daily chart and it may reach the 104.00 level. In case of a pullback, the 106.00 level may act as resistance.
fxstrategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:33pm   #5
Joined Oct 2015
The market may need to monitor the position of the Japanese authorities, as they may start to get nervous after the yen broke the bar 105 against the dollar, says Takuya Kanda, Director General of the research Institute Gaitame.Com Tokyo. "The trend of the dollar to the yen clearly indicates a downward movement, and the pair may fall even more after a rapid decline below the psychological level of 105.25 and 105." The market is concerned about the tension in trade relations between China and the US, but we need to listen carefully to what the Japanese authorities will say. There is no clear support for USD/JPY after break below 105; it is also necessary to follow stock prices to see if the yen buying will be strengthened as a defensive asset or safe haven asset. Note: USD/JPY dropped 0.4% to 104.84 after earlier falling to 104.64, the lowest level since November 9, 2016
Bumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:40pm   #6
Joined Oct 2015
USDJPY probably have entered a new downward phase without a clear support for up to 101.20, said Kengo Suzuki, a currency strategist at Mizuho Securities in Tokyo. Possible actions By the Bank of Japan and the Ministry of Finance are now in the spotlight of speculators, as the fall of the dollar below 105 yen may affect Japanese corporate income and Japanese stock prices. There is no clear support in USDJPY until 101.20, the minimum level reached after Trump was elected as President of the United States in November 2016; minor support can be seen at the level of 103.66, where the 76.4% Fibonacci retracement is - of the movement from the low hit in June 2016 up to a maximum of December 2016. The decline may accelerate as the market starts to react to US tariffs and duties as well as China's response to them, the outbreak of a full-scale trade war. It is necessary to monitor how China will react to the introduction of US steel and aluminum tariffs; it is also necessary to monitor how the EU will react to steel and aluminum tariffs.
Bumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:11pm   #7
gka
Joined Dec 2017
Volatility Response Model - what the maths says

I attach the short term trend (blue channel) and long term trend (green channel) predictions of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for USDJPY starting 5 pm tonight New York time.

Until the USDJPY closes the week above the long term trend channel middle now at 106.73 then the USDJPY is bearish. This long term trend channel (with its top, middle and bottom) is recalculated at the end of every week.

See the documents attached to the first post of the FX forum thread

"Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics"

to see a description of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) .

Predictions for VRM levels of USDJPY and 12 other FX pairs can be found at

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/
Attached Thumbnails
usdjpy.png  
gka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:44am   #8
Joined Apr 2016
What are the chances of USD/JPY for next 1 or 2 days? any analysis of it?
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:06am   #9
Joined May 2010
Tempted started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by june_girl7 View Post
What are the chances of USD/JPY for next 1 or 2 days? any analysis of it?
I had to close my trade as i was in a buy position. According to analysis above the trend is downwards and still remains bearish. But then looking at what the market is doing the usdjpy has gained almost 30pips since the market opened. The trend is your friend! Current strength for usd and jpy seem to be equal so you might see it ranging for the rest of the day!
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:34pm   #10
Joined Oct 2015
The yen fell after the words of Munchina

The yen fell with US Treasuries after US Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin said he was optimistic about the quality of the US to negotiate trade tariffs with China, which reduced the demand for safe haven assets. The currency of Japan fell against all of its G-10 counterparts after the Wall Street Journal reported that China and the US had quietly begun negotiations to improve access to Chinese markets, citing unnamed sources familiar with the negotiations. Futures for shares in the US rose, while the Australian and New Zealand currencies strengthened.

"Mnuchin said that he is confident that the US and China can reach a trade agreement, which has had a non-indigenous support to risky sentiment," said David Forrester, strategist for corporate and investment banking at Credit Agricole in Hong Kong. "Improving risky sentiment traditionally leads to a weakening of the yen."

The USD/JPY pair advanced 0.32% to 105.06 dollars after it fell to 104.56, the lowest level since November 2016. The pair lost 0.2% in early trading, as the stop loss was triggered at the break of Friday's low at 104.64, Asian FX dealers said, interviewed by Bloomberg, adding that the optional barrier at 104.50 remains untouched. The yield on 10-year US bonds rose by 2 bp. up to 2,8446%.

"We have a very productive dialogue with them," Mnuchin said in an interview with Fox News Sunday, discussing the talks with China. "I'm sure we'll reach an agreement."

Fordster said that the yen's losses could be limited after the last poll showed that the rating approved the actions of the cabinet of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe fell by 11.7 points to 32.6%. These are the results of the latest ANN survey conducted on March 24-25; about 48% said that the Cabinet should resign due to a scandal involving the sale of public lands in the educational fund.

Australian and New Zealand dollars are growing for the second consecutive day, which was helped by the improvement of sentiment towards risky assets. AUD/USD adds 0.5% to 0.7738. The National Bank of Australia predicts the pair fall to 0.7500 by the end of the year, while the average forecast of experts polled by Bloomberg agency suggests an increase of up to 80 US cents. NZD/USD climbed 0.4% to 0.7265. Kiwi grows as borrowed accounts intensified purchases after February's foreign trade data surpassed expectations, and politicians focused on a 2% inflation target, the Asian FX dealer said.
Bumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:56pm   #11
Joined May 2010
Tempted started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
The yen fell with US Treasuries after US Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin said he was optimistic about the quality of the US to negotiate trade tariffs with China, which reduced the demand for safe haven assets. The currency of Japan fell against all of its G-10 counterparts after the Wall Street Journal reported that China and the US had quietly begun negotiations to improve access to Chinese markets, citing unnamed sources familiar with the negotiations. Futures for shares in the US rose, while the Australian and New Zealand currencies strengthened.

"Mnuchin said that he is confident that the US and China can reach a trade agreement, which has had a non-indigenous support to risky sentiment," said David Forrester, strategist for corporate and investment banking at Credit Agricole in Hong Kong. "Improving risky sentiment traditionally leads to a weakening of the yen."

The USD/JPY pair advanced 0.32% to 105.06 dollars after it fell to 104.56, the lowest level since November 2016. The pair lost 0.2% in early trading, as the stop loss was triggered at the break of Friday's low at 104.64, Asian FX dealers said, interviewed by Bloomberg, adding that the optional barrier at 104.50 remains untouched. The yield on 10-year US bonds rose by 2 bp. up to 2,8446%.

"We have a very productive dialogue with them," Mnuchin said in an interview with Fox News Sunday, discussing the talks with China. "I'm sure we'll reach an agreement."

Fordster said that the yen's losses could be limited after the last poll showed that the rating approved the actions of the cabinet of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe fell by 11.7 points to 32.6%. These are the results of the latest ANN survey conducted on March 24-25; about 48% said that the Cabinet should resign due to a scandal involving the sale of public lands in the educational fund.

Australian and New Zealand dollars are growing for the second consecutive day, which was helped by the improvement of sentiment towards risky assets. AUD/USD adds 0.5% to 0.7738. The National Bank of Australia predicts the pair fall to 0.7500 by the end of the year, while the average forecast of experts polled by Bloomberg agency suggests an increase of up to 80 US cents. NZD/USD climbed 0.4% to 0.7265. Kiwi grows as borrowed accounts intensified purchases after February's foreign trade data surpassed expectations, and politicians focused on a 2% inflation target, the Asian FX dealer said.
The Dollar Index as at 14.55 GMT+1 was 88.73 which indecates dollar is still weakening. I would be cautious on the usdjpy pair as there might be further downside to it!
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:54pm   #12
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gka View Post
I attach the short term trend (blue channel) and long term trend (green channel) predictions of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for USDJPY starting 5 pm tonight New York time.

Until the USDJPY closes the week above the long term trend channel middle now at 106.73 then the USDJPY is bearish. This long term trend channel (with its top, middle and bottom) is recalculated at the end of every week.

See the documents attached to the first post of the FX forum thread

"Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics"

to see a description of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) .

Predictions for VRM levels of USDJPY and 12 other FX pairs can be found at

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/
Do you also include volumes data in your analysis
hatemypips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:38pm   #13
gka
Joined Dec 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemypips View Post
Do you also include volumes data in your analysis
The Volatility Response Model (VRM) only uses high, low and close data. Starting with high, low and close daily data with as much historic data as there is, the maths finds a function that relates the high, low and close during one day to the high, low and close in the next day for all the historic data available. Now merging the historic data over two days and a new high, low and close data set can be created. And the process is repeated. Right up to high, low and close data over eight days. Then the maths can create future levels about which the market will move.

The whole process is repeated for weekly high, low and close data.

No volume data is used.
gka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:25pm   #14
Joined Apr 2014
Usdjpy

Good pullback on the USDJPY as the Dollar gains ground on the back of risk aversion appetite coming back into the markets. The USDJPY comes close to the 106.00 level, where it may find some resistance.
fxstrategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:12pm   #15
Joined May 2010
Tempted started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstrategist View Post
Good pullback on the USDJPY as the Dollar gains ground on the back of risk aversion appetite coming back into the markets. The USDJPY comes close to the 106.00 level, where it may find some resistance.
usdjpy trading at 105.90...
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
usdjpy Khans Forex 3 Jul 31, 2014 3:45pm
Improving Trend-Following Strategies With Counter-Trend Entries Ferru Technical Analysis 4 Jan 1, 2013 4:31pm
Asian session action - trend trend trend andys0506 Forex 1 Nov 7, 2008 6:43pm
Usdjpy 3-23 DownRiverTrader Forex 0 Mar 23, 2007 1:50am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)