Market/Pairs Ranked by...

This is a discussion on Market/Pairs Ranked by... within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hello, Is there a way I can check how much money goes through a particular market pair in a given ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:16pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
Market/Pairs Ranked by...

Hello,

Is there a way I can check how much money goes through a particular market pair in a given day, week, month and year?

I am trying to build up a particular mental representation of the Major forex currencies ( top 10 currency pairs on a scale of volume?)

Thanks in advance
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:07pm   #2

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Hello,

Is there a way I can check how much money goes through a particular market pair in a given day, week, month and year?

I am trying to build up a particular mental representation of the Major forex currencies ( top 10 currency pairs on a scale of volume?)

Thanks in advance
Most Traded Forex Pairs

EUR/USD – By far the most trade currency pair is the euro-dollar cross. It’s lost some market share but still accounts for 23% of all forex trades with over €1.1 trillion in daily average turnover.

USD/JPY – The next most traded pair is the US dollar and Japanese yen. USD/JPY accounts for 17.7% of trades, with around $900 billion transacted each day.

GBP/USD – Cable trades have increased as a percentage of the forex market in the last three years, with GBP/USD accounting for 9.2% of all currency trades. That’s worth $470 billion daily. Brexit volatility may mean trades have increased further since the survey took place in April.

AUD/USD – The Aussie cross represents 5.2% of the forex market with daily volume of $266 billion.

USD/CAD – Accounting for 4.3% of the market, $218 billion is transacted in this pair every day.

USD/CNY – The renminbi is rising and the yuan-dollar cross is now worth $192bn daily, or around 3.8% of the market.

USD/CHF – The Swissy is less important than it used to be, but still accounts for 3.5% of global forex trading volumes.

USD/MXN – Mexico’s peso plays second fiddle to the renminbi these days. This pair is now 2.1% of the market.

EUR/GBP – The first non-dollar pair – the euro-pound cross represents 2% of global forex volumes.
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:24pm   #3
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Most Traded Forex Pairs

EUR/USD – By far the most trade currency pair is the euro-dollar cross. It’s lost some market share but still accounts for 23% of all forex trades with over €1.1 trillion in daily average turnover.

USD/JPY – The next most traded pair is the US dollar and Japanese yen. USD/JPY accounts for 17.7% of trades, with around $900 billion transacted each day.

GBP/USD – Cable trades have increased as a percentage of the forex market in the last three years, with GBP/USD accounting for 9.2% of all currency trades. That’s worth $470 billion daily. Brexit volatility may mean trades have increased further since the survey took place in April.

AUD/USD – The Aussie cross represents 5.2% of the forex market with daily volume of $266 billion.

USD/CAD – Accounting for 4.3% of the market, $218 billion is transacted in this pair every day.

USD/CNY – The renminbi is rising and the yuan-dollar cross is now worth $192bn daily, or around 3.8% of the market.

USD/CHF – The Swissy is less important than it used to be, but still accounts for 3.5% of global forex trading volumes.

USD/MXN – Mexico’s peso plays second fiddle to the renminbi these days. This pair is now 2.1% of the market.

EUR/GBP – The first non-dollar pair – the euro-pound cross represents 2% of global forex volumes.
Where and when did you get this mate?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:46pm   #4

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Where and when did you get this mate?
A quick google search took me to this page https://www.etxcapital.co.uk/market-...-pairs-in-2016

Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:55pm   #5
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
A quick google search took me to this page https://www.etxcapital.co.uk/market-...-pairs-in-2016

The reason I'm asking here is so others can chime in.
Sort of a peer review type of confirmation.

I can do a quick Google myself
I'd like input from those who already use and have confidence in a particular source
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:33am   #6
Joined Apr 2016
EUR/USD is a most traded pair of the market. There is no tool to check which currency is having high movement, But you can check it using the news section or your analysis.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote